First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Back from the JEEPFEST, nubie, so excited! Did a trail every day(easy ones). I am AMAZED on the power my girl has! Didn’t even break a sweat! What an amazing vehicle! They were born to go off road! I felt she just took it in stride, so patient with my beginner jitters! I told that to one of the trail guides. He said “yup, once you get the bug, you’re hooked!”
And of course, as a nubie, came home with about 15 Jeep T-shirt’s! How predictable is that?
It does bring a smile for days doesn't it?
Sponsored

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
Back from the JEEPFEST, nubie, so excited! Did a trail every day(easy ones). I am AMAZED on the power my girl has! Didn’t even break a sweat! What an amazing vehicle! They were born to go off road! I felt she just took it in stride, so patient with my beginner jitters! I told that to one of the trail guides. He said “yup, once you get the bug, you’re hooked!”
And of course, as a nubie, came home with about 15 Jeep T-shirt’s! How predictable is that?
This was really great to read! So glad you had a good time. Any trail is awesome, it doesn't have to be one that tries to bust your Jeep either. Even the scary trails can be fun when there are spotters tho.

jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
ordered February 1st. 2018 2 DR JL rubicon, 3.6, auto, FC Red, cloth seats, soft top, LED, Alpine, Tow, steel bumpers. 2007 jk, 2006 F350, 2000 Excursion
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
You will love the lift billy, Christina so glad you had a good time. Best mpg i could get hypermiling with Los angeles hills was 19 after the lift. Pre lift low 20's were pretty average. They say middle of this week t case should be done. I think i have broken axle shafts also. But ill deal with that as it comes. We did a one jeep weekender, boy i forgot how loaded down she is.

20190831_100003.jpg

jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
ordered February 1st. 2018 2 DR JL rubicon, 3.6, auto, FC Red, cloth seats, soft top, LED, Alpine, Tow, steel bumpers. 2007 jk, 2006 F350, 2000 Excursion
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
Oops wrong pic, the Jeep was loaded down lol not Jenn, well maybe, after that breakfast hahaha

20190902_172824.jpg

Sponsored

Fred

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 2 door Rubicon X in Anvil
On the way back from NJ it was one mileage record after another in my 2018 Rubicon with just under 15,000 miles and 315/70/17' BFG AT's on Quadratec Rubicon Extremes, gas tank just under 1/2 full. It peaked out at 24.1 but sustained 24 for many miles. Air temperature was about 65 with rain, and speeds of 55-65 on gentle hills. It seems my average mileage did go up a bit after my trip to KY where I did the most non stop driving since owning the Jeep. I don't know if that had anything to do with it or it's just coincidence. I am sure now that back home it will settle back to an average of around 20. I just thought this was pretty cool. Hope you all had a good labor day weekend. Today I am going for an oil change at the dealer and will see if they can get my passenger side B pillar trim to stay in place.And for those of you who like classic cars I highly recommend the Lead East 50's celebration and car show. I met Bad Chad and and Jolene, the Cool Bobby B and Frank Reina, an original member of the Capri's since 1957. It is a three day event wit lots of cool cars continually cruising through the show and lots of 50's 60's music. I also saw the Drifters, The Capris and the Dubs. All in all very cool. For more info visit www.leadeast.net

20190902_121257[1].jpg

20190830_122416[1].jpg

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
Long shot I think but any filmmakers here? The indecision on this 2 door purchase has been killing me lol, One moment I'm 100% committed but I woke up last night with the thought that a standard Matthews-style C-stand wouldn't be able to fit and since that's such a common item on video shoots large and small, it got me thinking.

They typically have a collapsed height of 53" and have about 23" of width on the bottom where the legs fold up. With the seats removed seems like the 2 door JL has around 48" of space from the gate to the back of the front seats. I would imagine I could fold the front passenger seat forward and fit this no problem, but I hope I can either bring one of these stands to a dealership this week or hear from someone who's had to pack a few of them into a 2-door.

L2ltYWdlcy9wcm9kdWN0L21haW4vTUFUVEI3NTYwNDB4MjAwMF8zLmpwZyA=_H_SH400_MW400.jpg

PhotoGuy

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tjwallerphotography.com
Vehicle(s)
"Stormie," A Base 2018 Granite Crystal JL Sport 2-door
Occupation
Professional Action Photographer
Long shot I think but any filmmakers here? The indecision on this 2 door purchase has been killing me lol, One moment I'm 100% committed but I woke up last night with the thought that a standard Matthews-style C-stand wouldn't be able to fit and since that's such a common item on video shoots large and small, it got me thinking.

They typically have a collapsed height of 53" and have about 23" of width on the bottom where the legs fold up. With the seats removed seems like the 2 door JL has around 48" of space from the gate to the back of the front seats. I would imagine I could fold the front passenger seat forward and fit this no problem, but I hope I can either bring one of these stands to a dealership this week or hear from someone who's had to pack a few of them into a 2-door.

L2ltYWdlcy9wcm9kdWN0L21haW4vTUFUVEI3NTYwNDB4MjAwMF8zLmpwZyA=_H_SH400_MW400.jpg
Hey Jesse, I don't have a C-stand but my 10 ft tripod collapses to 48" and fits fine. Your C-stand should fit fine laid diagonally with the back seat out. I can get both my Yuneec Typhoon drone cases, all my tripods, light stands, my cameras, camera bags & equipment and all my camping equipment in Stormie with no problem. Hope that helps.

Last edited:

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Closed the deal on my first Jeep, a 2 door JLR white on white on white! Couldn't be more excited, got a 6 hour flight and a 6 hour drive back-to-back tomorrow to pick her up. I'm sure you'll see more of it very soon - I don't plan on waiting more than 72 hours to get it dirty on the trails.

b86wB3L.jpg

PyR3vVA.jpg

Sponsored

Lateapex

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1944 MB, 2019 JLS
Clubs

Closed the deal on my first Jeep, a 2 door JLR white on white on white! Couldn't be more excited, got a 6 hour flight and a 6 hour drive back-to-back tomorrow to pick her up. I'm sure you'll see more of it very soon - I don't plan on waiting more than 72 hours to get it dirty on the trails.

b86wB3L.jpg

PyR3vVA.jpg
Congratulations! Nice lookin' Jeep...welcome to the family! :like: :jk:

jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase

Fred

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 2 door Rubicon X in Anvil

b86wB3L.jpg

PyR3vVA.jpg
Congratulations!

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase

b86wB3L.jpg

PyR3vVA.jpg
Gratz! Just curious, aka nosey, on where you are flying to pick it up?

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gratz! Just curious, aka nosey, on where you are flying to pick it up?
Thanks! I’m flying into LAX, hopping in my outgoing Audi and driving 6 hours to Phoenix where the Jeep sits. I originally was going to just go straight to Phoenix but I added the trade late in the game since it seemed like it was gonna be less stressful (and half the tax liability on the new sale).

Walking off the plane now, a quick clean out of the Audi and I’m on the way!
Sponsored