Soft Top Question

chilly_one

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara; Granite Metallic
Looking for a soft top for the summer. I don't see a fully retractable, non-Mopar version (I.E. cheaper), for a JL. Bestop has one for the JK. Am I missing something?
Be sure to look in the Member Marketplace here. I just bought a new premium (twill) 4-door soft top - still in its boxes - for $1300. That is significantly less than buying it from a dealer and a lot less than the Bestop Super Top too. I had to drive a few hours each way to pick it up, but there are deals to be had if you look for them.
Sponsored

Foster_WV

First Name
Foster
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ & JLU
For the JL we've got the Trektop, Supertop Ultra, and Trektop Ultra.

The Supertop Ultra is effectively the same as the Premium top option from Jeep (we make it for Jeep) that has a minor difference in how the top is released so it can be dropped into the cargo area, and it's slightly cheaper than the OEM top. We're taking pre-orders now on this, and they should be shipping in the next couple of weeks. Here are photos of the STUltra for JL.

supertop-ultra-jl-modes.jpg

The Trektop Ultra is similar to the Supertop Ultra but is the fastback design. We're still waiting on some additional information to get a pre-order launched for this, but the last word we had from manufacturing is that we'd have them shipping in mid/late March. Here are photos of the upcoming TTUltra for JL.

ttujl-4up.jpg

Except for the Trektop, the Ultras are 4-door only applications (at least for now).

PS - NX was is still used on our site in different places but it's the same as Trektop (fastback style).

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
Hope thatā€™s not a BestTop logo in bright white over the rear window?

OP
OP
JDoty47

JDoty47

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL
Be sure to look in the Member Marketplace here. I just bought a new premium (twill) 4-door soft top - still in its boxes - for $1300. That is significantly less than buying it from a dealer and a lot less than the Bestop Super Top too. I had to drive a few hours each way to pick it up, but there are deals to be had if you look for them.
Thanks. I found one on Facebook Marketplace last week. Installed yesterday

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
Hope thatā€™s not a BestTop logo in bright white over the rear window?
It's not a Jeep aftermarket product if it doesn't have a manufacturer's branding plastered front-and-center. Apparently they all think we want to pretend our Jeeps are being sponsored by the products we are buying.

Foster_WV

First Name
Foster
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ & JLU
It's not a Jeep aftermarket product if it doesn't have a manufacturer's branding plastered front-and-center. Apparently they all think we want to pretend our Jeeps are being sponsored by the products we are buying.
Iā€™m glad Iā€™m not the only one that feels that way!

Sponsored

Benny

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S Ocean Blue, 2012 Dodge Challenger
For the JL we've got the Trektop, Supertop Ultra, and Trektop Ultra.

The Supertop Ultra is effectively the same as the Premium top option from Jeep (we make it for Jeep) that has a minor difference in how the top is released so it can be dropped into the cargo area, and it's slightly cheaper than the OEM top. We're taking pre-orders now on this, and they should be shipping in the next couple of weeks. Here are photos of the STUltra for JL.

supertop-ultra-jl-modes.jpg

The Trektop Ultra is similar to the Supertop Ultra but is the fastback design. We're still waiting on some additional information to get a pre-order launched for this, but the last word we had from manufacturing is that we'd have them shipping in mid/late March. Here are photos of the upcoming TTUltra for JL.

ttujl-4up.jpg

Except for the Trektop, the Ultras are 4-door only applications (at least for now).

PS - NX was is still used on our site in different places but it's the same as Trektop (fastback style).

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
There is still no love from the market place for the 2 door. All my Jeeps since the 90's have had Bestop soft tops, but I don't care for the Trektop. A soft top should fold down completely and I need something that comes off easy enough to put the hard top back on every winter.

Markdabus

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler rubicon 2dr
I have a question regarding my 2020 Jeep Rubicon two door with soft top....I have put the top down twice and it locks into place just like on the videos However, when I drive the top rattles when I hit bumps. And the the seatbelt in the back blow in the wind and vibrate on the roll bar. Any suggestions or is this new norm. 4th Jeep and never experienced anything like this Jeep. So love the ease of the new top mechanism. Very easy to take off top. I donā€™t miss the zippers at all

thanks in advance for any help or suggestions

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I have a question regarding my 2020 Jeep Rubicon two door with soft top....I have put the top down twice and it locks into place just like on the videos However, when I drive the top rattles when I hit bumps. And the the seatbelt in the back blow in the wind and vibrate on the roll bar. Any suggestions or is this new norm. 4th Jeep and never experienced anything like this Jeep. So love the ease of the new top mechanism. Very easy to take off top. I donā€™t miss the zippers at all

Yes, rear seatbelts flap in the wind. They do it on my VW SUV also. Take velcro straps and tie them to roll bar in back. Also put a couple of velcro straps around the soft top when it is all the way down to reduce some flap. It isn't a BMW convertible top stored in the trunk so there is some noise.

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon

The 36ā€ long strap will fit around the top and the window bar (https://www.amazon.com/VELCRO-Brand-Purpose-Straps-Strap/dp/B00575600W). It works great for keeping the top in place.
IMG_7224-X3.jpg

I use the small Velcro straps that came with the Jeep work well for keeping the rear seatbelts from flapping.

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer šŸ˜‚