Big Al D

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Yeti is as much of an accessory as it is a rugged cooler. We spend stupid amounts of money on stuff to make our jeeps LOOK better that never fullly get used or serve any purpose. The Yeti represents a lifestyle of enjoying the outdoors. To each there own. My comment was only on fitment and placement in my Jeep.
Sponsored

Cwu21

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I really like the Yeti Tumblers I have 3 of them and they all work great. I liked the Idea of a Yeti Cooler or One comparable especially on hunting trips since I tent to travel great distances to Hunt so keeping the meat cool for long periods of time is a must. What ever happened with them and the NRA I dont really care, I try to keep politics out of companies I shop with otherwise I would have a very short list of places I could shop LOL.

To me where the Yeti Cooler fell short was in their Military Discounts. I know I should be grateful for any discount but when other Companies like Orion Offer a Far greater discount than what Yeti offers and they are just as good or better it is easy to pass on a Yeti. They even sell Yeti's at the Navy Exchange and from what I see they barely discount there either. 140$ discount sounds much better than 50. I love the Orion Coolers and If you are ever in the market for a High end Stupid expensive cooler you should at least consider them as an option.

Bad Juju

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata
I really like the Yeti Tumblers I have 3 of them and they all work great. I liked the Idea of a Yeti Cooler or One comparable especially on hunting trips since I tent to travel great distances to Hunt so keeping the meat cool for long periods of time is a must. What ever happened with them and the NRA I dont really care, I try to keep politics out of companies I shop with otherwise I would have a very short list of places I could shop LOL.

To me where the Yeti Cooler fell short was in their Military Discounts. I know I should be grateful for any discount but when other Companies like Orion Offer a Far greater discount than what Yeti offers and they are just as good or better it is easy to pass on a Yeti. They even sell Yeti's at the Navy Exchange and from what I see they barely discount there either. 140$ discount sounds much better than 50. I love the Orion Coolers and If you are ever in the market for a High end Stupid expensive cooler you should at least consider them as an option.

Thanks for your service, Shipmate! Retired corpsman here.

Bad Juju

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata
I really like the classic 50s look of the Coleman Steel Belted cooler. The price is nice, too. For less hard core types like myself I think this one will work great!

61lKtFz-8LL._SL1500_.jpg

Sponsored

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
Bucket was a gift. Family knows I like Yeti stuff, and it was filled with other goodies. Honestly, I will probably never have food in it. Its currently holding hockey pucks.
Jeep owners gnaw on hockey pucks .

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
The NRA has done a fantastic job of convicning people that if you don't support them then you don't support the 2nd amendment, which is just not true.
Also , Jeep dealers have done a fantastic job of convincing people that the JL is worth paying an additional $ 10 K , which is just not true .

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
Also , Jeep dealers have done a fantastic job of convincing people that the JL is worth paying an additional $ 10 K , which is just not true .
Its obviously worth what someone will pay for it............Just like a Yeti...............but at least I can put my NRA sticker on it, completely convinced that if you don't support them, you don't support the second, then drive it around with the AC on cooling my drinks with my igloo, while getting some snowflake blood boiling. :jk:

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
at least I can put my NRA sticker on it, completely convinced that if you don't support them, you don't support the second
Then , how do you explain that I can own an NRA CCW liability insurance policy , whilst not belonging to the NRA ?

It seems to me that owning a NRA CCW policy shows support for the second , whilst not belonging to the NRA itself . N'est-ce pas ?

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
Then , how do you explain that I can own an NRA CCW liability insurance policy , whilst not belonging to the NRA ?

It seems to me that owning a NRA CCW policy shows support for the second , whilst not belonging to the NRA itself . N'est-ce pas ?
Oh I don’t really care. I’m just busting balls. If you don’t want to support the NRA it’s your business and I couldn’t care less. People take this crap too seriously. Just because I don’t give money to overpriced styrofoam coolers doesn’t mean you can’t. At least the NRA will fight for you to have a CCW. Cooler companies just want your money. I’m just flushing out the flakes, having a little fun. All the sensitive sallies can go eat a wiener.

Sponsored

trble

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Occupation
Disabled Vet
wow, people are proud of their coolers!

allieboy

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
My Yeti cooler does leak water through the lid seal and soaks the rear carpet once the ice melts some and the water sloshes around. I called Yeti and was told that is normal! Then put it away for good after Yeti's NRA diss. No more Yeti stuff in my jeep.
Fluck Yetti

allieboy

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
I just bought the tall skinny Ozark Trail soft side cooler at Wal Mart for 50 bucks. It takes up little room and won't scratch up any plastic back there. Space will be at a premium when this baby goes to Moab!
Great cooler! Love it.