Xtreme Recon Questions!

Jtphoto

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Xtreme Recon Granite Crystal
Diesel has same as gas Rubicon. The XR is same as 392 with exception of FAD. Not only thicker wall but iron knuckles.
The Mojave has that same HDD44 diff housing as well and it does have a heavier FAD. As noted early the XR also has the steel knuckles, 392 performance brakes, and 4.56 gears. I have seen no mention whether or not they have heavier axle shafts.
Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
I did a web search a few days ago and those were the figures that came up on a sales site for the Mopar Black and silver Beadlock capable wheel that is suppose to be the same, the figures did not come from a forum post so I expected them to be somewhat accurate. That being said who knows how many configurations they may have for these wheels as the also have them on the TRX. At any rate, anything Between 4.5” and 5” BS is good.
Yeah, I've seen the numbers quoted together before.

Since all the lift manufacturers quote BS instead of offset, makes it a little more difficult to tell if somethings actually going to fit. Unfortunately, the difference between 4.5 and 5 effects that stated clearance on a lot of adjustable LCAs and some other options, such as MC's outboard shock mounts.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
A +12mm offset on a 8" wheel is 4.97" backspace, not 4.4". 4.4 BS would be -3mm offset on an 8" wheel.

I think I saw on here where someone measured and came up with ~5" BS.
I remember seeing it listed as 5.1" backspace. The 4.4" that we keep reading in these posts is the internal measurement between the tire bead lands on the wheel, but doesn't account for the outer rolled lips that are +/-.5" each.

Jtphoto

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Xtreme Recon Granite Crystal
Yeah, I've seen the numbers quoted together before.

Since all the lift manufacturers quote BS instead of offset, makes it a little more difficult to tell if somethings actually going to fit. Unfortunately, the difference between 4.5 and 5 effects that stated clearance on a lot of adjustable LCAs and some other options, such as MC's outboard shock mounts.
I’ll let you know on that. I have the MC outboard shock mount to go on with the MC RockSport shocks in a couple weeks.
Sponsored