Sponsored

XG Cargo

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I know most of you are looking at their bags. I have the sportsman molle edition barrier and it has been great for when my dog gets into some mud or goes swimming and I don't want her in the front of the jeep. Great build quality.

xgsportsman.JPG
Nice - thinking about this system we travel with GSPs to bird hunt. How much actual storage is in that system? I looked at pictures but could really figure out how much storage.
Sponsored

jwalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon, 2004 TJ Rubicon, 2017 Cherokee
Vehicle Showcase
Nice - thinking about this system we travel with GSPs to bird hunt. How much actual storage is in that system? I looked at pictures but could really figure out how much storage.
They have some storage, not a ton. Hard to quantify. I am able to keep a recovery rope and then a collapsible water bowl, leash and other various dog amenities in the storage. I don't keep the food or treats in there. In my opinion these looked much better than the other dog barriers and cost about the same, they just have the benefit of allowing other mole accessories to be installed and have some storage. I have a good cargo mat in the back and keep a dog bed on top of it.

DaK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 392 XR
Just checked status of my order-still awaiting vendor.

eder214

First Name
Eder
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I placed an order from Quadratec over a month ago and it still shows pre order with no ETA.

Sponsored

rizej

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I placed an order from Quadratec over a month ago and it still shows pre order with no ETA.
I ordered the Gama bags on 2/22 from XG and UPS shows it will be delivering 2/26. I also go the same price as Quadratec because XG has a discount when signing up that they email you and they also offer free shipping on anything over $50 so the bags qualified. Seems like ordering through a 3rd party vendor is slowing down shipping a lot...

eder214

First Name
Eder
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered the Gama bags on 2/22 from XG and UPS shows it will be delivering 2/26. I also go the same price as Quadratec because XG has a discount when signing up that they email you and they also offer free shipping on anything over $50 so the bags qualified. Seems like ordering through a 3rd party vendor is slowing down shipping a lot...
I sign up, but I did not get a discount code. Do you mind sharing your code.

rizej

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I sign up, but I did not get a discount code. Do you mind sharing your code.
Was it the pop-up that said "10% off for .." or something similar? I found that I had to look in my junk email folder to find. I would provide it but I think its a one time use code so I don't think it would work. Try searching your inbox for "XG Cargo Digital Coupon"

rizej

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Super simple install, no need to remove top. Check out the pics in my earlier post, I installed with top on. You got this!
Did your Gama bags come with bolts to use on the 9/16" hole on the roll bar? If not I'm wondering how it will mount to the roll bar because the installation video on their website for the JK/JL they don't highlight a difference for that installation step only the later part with the base of the rollbar

Rumblefish

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite JLUR; 2015 BMW R1200GS
Did your Gama bags come with bolts to use on the 9/16" hole on the roll bar? If not I'm wondering how it will mount to the roll bar because the installation video on their website for the JK/JL they don't highlight a difference for that installation step only the later part with the base of the rollbar
There is no upper bolt, it is a pin that fills that hole, and the lower one is a Torx bolt that holds the plastic trim on the sports bar. I have had them installed for a while now, and am totally pleased. They generally don't make any noise, with that being said, I may add some double velcro tape to them to secure them further on the top side. I have not been offload with them yet, and I suspect that they might rattle a tiny bit.

Sponsored

rizej

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
There is no upper bolt, it is a pin that fills that hole, and the lower one is a Torx bolt that holds the plastic trim on the sports bar. I have had them installed for a while now, and am totally pleased. They generally don't make any noise, with that being said, I may add some double velcro tape to them to secure them further on the top side. I have not been offload with them yet, and I suspect that they might rattle a tiny bit.
I asked this while I was waiting for UPS to deliver my Gama bags. I'm wondering if tightening down the straps around the roll-bar could help with any noise. I haven't driven yet with them but hopefully they are quiet. Definitely a perfect use of empty space and even better that they can be run with the top on/off

Rumblefish

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite JLUR; 2015 BMW R1200GS
I asked this while I was waiting for UPS to deliver my Gama bags. I'm wondering if tightening down the straps around the roll-bar could help with any noise. I haven't driven yet with them but hopefully they are quiet. Definitely a perfect use of empty space and even better that they can be run with the top on/off
I did use the straps to go around the sport bar, but some additional tie down can't hurt. I am going to be busy this weekend, but I will try to get it wrapped and snag some pics this weekend.

American Adventurist

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 StingGray JLUR
I installed them last night. They do make noise at least for me, but that may just be because they are empty, some weight in them may change the sounds. The Torx is not a bolt, it's a screw... no doubt going into a plastic clip in the bar. The mounting of the metal brackets seems to rely on the straps on the bags around the roll bar to tie it in which is "OK" in my opinion but time will tell.

I think that upper pin goes into a threaded hole... I may end up modifying mine by removing the pin and drilling it out to use a bolt there.

The bags themselves are VERY nice and well thought out. Mounted, they actually do not create a blind spot either which was an initial concern of mine. I'm going to assess for awhile before I change anything though.

rizej

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I installed them last night. They do make noise at least for me, but that may just be because they are empty, some weight in them may change the sounds. The Torx is not a bolt, it's a screw... no doubt going into a plastic clip in the bar. The mounting of the metal brackets seems to rely on the straps on the bags around the roll bar to tie it in which is "OK" in my opinion but time will tell.

I think that upper pin goes into a threaded hole... I may end up modifying mine by removing the pin and drilling it out to use a bolt there.

The bags themselves are VERY nice and well thought out. Mounted, they actually do not create a blind spot either which was an initial concern of mine. I'm going to assess for awhile before I change anything though.
I also noticed some noise but it was coming out of a parking structure (think slow speeds). Before I left, I tightened the straps even more and adjusted the position of the zippers (it can be closed at the top OR at the bottom) and that seemed to null the noise on the highway. I didn't check to see if that pin was inserted into a thread hole or if it was just a pilot hole but I feel like if there's a noise I could quiet that down but wrapping black electrical tape around the pin to help absorb any of that energy and create a smoother surface for the pin against the existing threads