XG Cargo

Timmybung

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon (4-door)
I received my set today and installed them this afternoon; they are awesome. Such a great use of dead space, and I like that I was able to find good homes for a lot of random crap that was taking up space in the Jeep. Slightly bummed they didn't come with any swag like I'd seen with others.
I used the "sign up on our website and get 10% off" coupon.
The bags come with the Torx driver you need to install them which was nice.
I love that the straps that go around the roll bar have little clips on the strap to capture and hold the extra strap once you pull it tight.
IMG_20190306_152550248.jpg
Sponsored

rizej

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
@DickZip You are definitely right in how to eliminate any noise. That single zipper that is directly in front of the roll-bar will clank with any lateral movement. The easiest way to fix it is to tuck the end of the zipper into the Molle system directly above it

@Timmybung I also didn't notice the little clips to hold the extra part of the strap. I'll have to check that out tomorrow morning

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
I think I'm gonna have to do a 180 and not recommend the Magellan bags for a couple of reasons. The 1st is that the bag isn't compatible with a soft top. Take a close look at all the pictures and you'll see that these bags are installed with either the hard top or no top at all. i looked over their website and no mention is made about these not being compatible with a soft top but hey they work well with the hard top. Well except when they don't.

I you look at the product page, you'll see two different types of buckles for securing the Magellan. There is the standard, sturdy, buckles that clip together rather well. The Gama uses these buckles. However, at some point XG Cargo decided to use these CAM style buckles. These are unfortunately, a weak point to the system and they break easy on the plastic pivot points.

I'll be looking for some other storage system. If you have a hard top, go look at the magellan like many others have. They appear to be more sturdy. However I don't think those will work with a soft top either, so keep that in mind.

gama-web-2_2000x.jpg

post-9335_web_1520x.jpg

TrailBadger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Innovation Leader

American Adventurist

First Name
Dave