Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (sold May 2020); now own 2020 trd pro Tacoma
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone have the maximus-3 roof rack and the xg cargo gamma packs in place? I think the mounting may conflict with the inner brackets for the roof rack.
Sponsored

James_a

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 2018 JLU Rubicon
Was searching for this exact thing. I have the maximus-3 rack coming in and was wondering if there would be away to make the xg cargo gamma pack fit. Anyone have any input.

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
There's a review on the XGCargo site that says yes:
Love the Gama bags as I am able to fit all my tools and other camping gear leaving my trunk floor free for other gear. Perfect use of unused dead space. Also works perfectly with my Maximus 3 roof rack mounts.

OP
OP
Biohazard

Biohazard

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (sold May 2020); now own 2020 trd pro Tacoma
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
And I ended up with the Magellan packs, which also work with the maximus-3 roof rack mounts. Just needed to route the straps through or around the roof rack mounts. Works great. Very happy.

2DB66856-3112-46CE-A60B-1D7F0DDEFB1F.jpeg

119662DF-7316-40AE-A1F2-47F340FA8C00.jpeg

Sponsored

thewristfund

First Name
Alastor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
Vehicle Showcase
Just installed XG Gama bags and yes they work together with the maximus3 brackets, BUT the top strap is pretty much impossible to clip through the max3 bracket (it's sewn in place) Maybe there is some method for getting that done, but I couldn't figure it out. I ended up putting a Velcro strap there instead.

I attached a pic where the strap needs to pass through the bracket. Because the frame for the bag has a pin that needs to slip into the roll bar getting the strap to pass through this narrow opening didn't work for me. Sorry if I'm not explaining it correctly. I would definitely still buy the bags as they are perfect for extra storage.

Screenshot_20200219-234420~2.png

James_a

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 2018 JLU Rubicon
Just installed XG Gama bags and yes they work together with the maximus3 brackets, BUT the top strap is pretty much impossible to clip through the max3 bracket (it's sewn in place) Maybe there is some method for getting that done, but I couldn't figure it out. I ended up putting a Velcro strap there instead.

I attached a pic where the strap needs to pass through the bracket. Because the frame for the bag has a pin that needs to slip into the roll bar getting the strap to pass through this narrow opening didn't work for me. Sorry if I'm not explaining it correctly. I would definitely still buy the bags as they are perfect for extra storage.

Screenshot_20200219-234420~2.png
How did you attach the velcro strap to the bag?

thewristfund

First Name
Alastor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
Vehicle Showcase
How did you attach the velcro strap to the bag?
Picture for clarification attached.

Instead of using the top strap (red X in picture), I used a double sided Velcro strap (at the green arrow in picture)

Screenshot_20200220-072206~2.png

Aidencaster

First Name
Anto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU sport
Wondering if these bags will interfere with a bestow full back soft top and its ability to fold all the way back I am I terested in these bags but at the same time I am concerned

Sponsored

jeepfreak

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase