Sponsored

Wrangler / Rubicon fitting into the garage question

stylett9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Hi everyone,
Looking to get a Rubicon in the semi near future. Something I'm trying to do some research on is what can or can't I do that will give me height clearance issues with getting the Rubicon into the garage.
Wanted to get any feedback or personal experience opinions from those of you that do pull your jeeps into the garage. From what I've researched, Rubicon in stock form has a heigh of 74inches. I believe my condo garage opening is roughly somewhere between 78-80 inches based on me using a measuring tape.

My thoughts are bigger tires up to 35's will probably be ok. But lift, lift w/tires, roof racks will probably not be ok.

welcome any thoughts or feedback.
Sponsored

NoahVD

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
You would be fine on 35s if those are your measurements. I have a rubicon with the 2.5 in rough country spacer lift and I have about 1-2 inches to spare. I plan to go to 37s eventually and I will not fit into my garage unless I change to a roll up door.

cOtter

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Sahara 2.0L Ocean Blue Metallic, Toyota Highlander & Pontiac G6 coupe
Occupation
Senior Manager PM (Automotive OEM)
Just a thought. Take a Rubi out for a test drive. Check real-time clearance of your garage. Then figure what you can do using real data.

Sponsored

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
I had previously looked up dimensions on a stock JLU and found 73.6" height. That is probably with tires around 31". Go to 35" tires, that adds 2", add 2" lift, now you are at 77.6" and it could be questionable, better to take exact measurements for yourself. My current daily driver has only been in my garage about 3 nights in the past 10 years so fitting into the garage is not a priority for me.

OP
OP

stylett9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Just a thought. Take a Rubi out for a test drive. Check real-time clearance of your garage. Then figure what you can do using real data.
Yeah that definitely crossed my mind. In all reality, I know a rubicon in stock form will fit, and I'm perfectly happy keeping it stock with the exception of some ditch lights. So while I don't necessarily plan to go 35's, or even a lift... I also don't want to rule out i may be tempted someday, lol.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
At a dave and busters attached to a large mall in Massachusetts, I joined a meet-up hosted by Litebrite. Parking was in a 3 level parking garage that was marked 7'. Their Rubicon is on 40's and about 4.5" of lift, and Kevin said he doesn't think twice about anything 7' or more because he still has a few inches of clearance.

jrohan07

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GCM 2018 JLUS Firecracker Red
Looks like you need to keep the OEM extremely long antenna on instead of a 6'' antenna.

Its so long that it will let you know when you have enough clearance going in garages.

Sponsored

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, my home garage door clearance was a critical factor to consider when I first purchased and ongoing. I have a very low garage ceiling because of a large beam across the middle supporting the rooms above it.

At this time, I'm limited to the 1.5" gained with the rubicon suspension until we move (or I park outside). My factory antenna is constantly reminding me of this.

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
Hi everyone,
Looking to get a Rubicon in the semi near future. Something I'm trying to do some research on is what can or can't I do that will give me height clearance issues with getting the Rubicon into the garage.
Wanted to get any feedback or personal experience opinions from those of you that do pull your jeeps into the garage. From what I've researched, Rubicon in stock form has a heigh of 74inches. I believe my condo garage opening is roughly somewhere between 78-80 inches based on me using a measuring tape.

My thoughts are bigger tires up to 35's will probably be ok. But lift, lift w/tires, roof racks will probably not be ok.

welcome any thoughts or feedback.
If you cant fit it in the garage, do what ViperJon does and park it in the kitchen
Jeep Wrangler JL Wrangler / Rubicon fitting into the garage question 31246

freddiegs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Im on 40s and 4.5 inch lift and i can fit in a 7 foot garage opening but only by a half inch

cOtter

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Sahara 2.0L Ocean Blue Metallic, Toyota Highlander & Pontiac G6 coupe
Occupation
Senior Manager PM (Automotive OEM)
Im on 40s and 4.5 inch lift and i can fit in a 7 foot garage opening but only by a half inch
Can you post a picture of the beast? Setting part way into a 7’ garage would be awesome!!!!

thanks man. If you don’t have one a pic of your rig ridding on 40s with the 4.5 lift would be great.

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
At a dave and busters attached to a large mall in Massachusetts, I joined a meet-up hosted by Litebrite. Parking was in a 3 level parking garage that was marked 7'.
Modern building codes require 7' clear for commercial parking garages. I've been in some that have a headache bar at the entrance set at 6'-10" to warn you if you are marginal in height. I've also been in garages that had various pipes and things hanging lower. I took the bike rack off the top of my car one time in such a garage. If you are in a city with a lot of older buildings, they might have received variances from the city to allow them to operate with less than 7' clearance. If you think you are marginal for 7' height then be very careful when entering garages and don't take for granted that everything in there will clear 7'.
Sponsored