Sponsored

Wrangler Hurricane turbo engine flash tune

SwissHigh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Imminent Rubicon
A stand-alone ECU flash should give this puppy something like 315hp/330tq. And better mileage. Why aren't people more excited about this engine? A simple mod will make it more powerful than the other engines Jeep offers.
Sponsored

MotorMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Tuning a brand new FCA engine? Reliability is already expected to be minimal. If you flash and then something goes wrong, whether it be due to the tune or not, you can forget about your dealer even taking a look at the vehicle.

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
This will be exciting in 10 years when the reward outweighs the risk.

phcn

First Name
Philippe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2002 KJ liberty/cherokee 2.5 crd sport+ (sold) - Jeep 2015 BU Renegade 1.4 multiair2 longitude - Jeep 2018 BU Renegade 1.6 Etorque South Beach

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-

Sponsored

Jabs

First Name
Jabs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
A stand-alone ECU flash should give this puppy something like 315hp/330tq. And better mileage. Why aren't people more excited about this engine? A simple mod will make it more powerful than the other engines Jeep offers.
Couldn't the same be said about the Pentastar? Intake, Exhaust, and Tune and you'll be up from 285 to 325 easy.

PhoenixM3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GR86, 2023 Wrangler JLURD
Couldn't the same be said about the Pentastar? Intake, Exhaust, and Tune and you'll be up from 285 to 325 easy.
Does anyone bother with cams on these motors, or is it just easier to add a supercharger/turbo? I'm a little leary about turning up the wick on the 2 liter motor, but I'm not a stranger to adding boost. In other words, I never leave my cars stock for long. I may drive them hard, but I'm not abusive. Aftermarket parts, a conservative tune usually results in better performance, and driveability. Warranty be damned.

OP
OP

SwissHigh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Imminent Rubicon
It would be pretty easy to flash without the dealer ever knowing.

Jabs - a flash on a turbocharged vehicle will always yield larger % gains.

Euro JEEP

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
Yes and this is how to on the 3.6L:
http://www.getoverkilled.ca/wrangler.html
Chip+throttle body+new intake manifold?

It doesn't get you to 325 though... 315 is close enough and 3MPG more.

And then there is this for supercharging:
http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive/mc/superchargers/jeep-wrangler.shtml

And about the 2.0L turbo, which is basically the Alfa Romeo engine, you can do this with only a chip tune : (I mean "only" as the upgrade on the 3,6L with overkill is much more invasive to get to the same number)
https://www.br-performance.lu/en-lu.../7346-giulia/7347-2016/9043-q4-veloce-2-0-tb/

You could also on the turbo do a ball bearing upgrade. Makes it spool quicker and eliminates most of the lag (if there will be any..?) and adds power.

So to me i know what these new architecture engines feel like, the 2.0L (they feel snappy and very good torque!) but I am curious on how they interact with a Jeep...
I want to know the feel of the test drivers, crawl capabilities, load and haul easiness, vibrations, noise, is there a huge difference between the engines? Hp numbers are close but torque are not. I want feelings besides the numbers.
I wouldn't have a reliability doubt, but more of a maintenance cost/replacement issue together with mileage efficiency doubt. Is the 2.0L still more fuel efficient when pushed on trail?

Last edited:

Sponsored

StingGreyTwitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Hydro-Blue Polar Edition | 2018 Sting Grey Rubicon
Bumping this thread. I am very interested in a stage 1 tune as soon as possible. Does anyone have any real information on the tune?

Rockreid

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Bumping this thread. I am very interested in a stage 1 tune as soon as possible. Does anyone have any real information on the tune?
It usually takes tuners a little while to come out with anything. I wouldn’t really count on a Stage 1 chip until next summer at least. It will take awhile to break any security walls and reverse engineer the coding.

Jnrscaping

First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara
So I spoke to a rep from @Prodigy Performancetoday and they said they’ve had internal discussions about possibly cracking the turbo tune for the 2.0 turbo. The possibilities are endless in terms of updated turbos, blow off valves, headers, boost gauges and regulators etc etc. according to their initial spitballing these cracked tunes could increase HP anywhere from 50-100 hp!!!! Trying to show the interest so they do in fact realize the market, potential and interest based on these forums. Please tag others do whatever we have to do as I am new to the forums and don’t know how to do all that!!!!! Help fellow Jeepers PLEASE!!!
Tuning a brand new FCA engine? Reliability is already expected to be minimal. If you flash and then something goes wrong, whether it be due to the tune or not, you can forget about your dealer even taking a look at the vehicle.

Jnrscaping

First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara
So I spoke to a rep from @Prodigy Performancetoday and they said they’ve had internal discussions about possibly cracking the turbo tune for the 2.0 turbo. The possibilities are endless in terms of updated turbos, blow off valves, headers, boost gauges and regulators etc etc. according to their initial spitballing these cracked tunes could increase HP anywhere from 50-100 hp!!!! Trying to show the interest so they do in fact realize the market, potential and interest based on these forums. Please tag others do whatever we have to do as I am new to the forums and don’t know how to do all that!!!!! Help fellow Jeepers PLEASE!!!
Well that’s up to each person on their own. These guys are the best in the business. You can do whatever you want but others might be interested.

Jnrscaping

First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara
Also you have to keep in mind if they don’t someone will. So why not have them team up with @Superchips JL to co-ordinate something that benefits everyone and makes everyone money.
Sponsored