Wrangler 392 negative camber issue

olb123

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLUR
Hello everyone. I took delivery of my new 392 7/11/2021. It arrived at my house by delivery around lunch. We drove it around town a little that afternoon, but not too much on the highway. First thing next morning, we took it to Discount Tire to install the new wheels and 37" KM3s. I noticed later when I took on the highway that it felt like they didn't get one of the tires balance well because I could feel it. I'm going back to Discount
Tire for that. Also, I noticed it was pulling a little to the left. So I decided to take it to Firestone to check the alignment thinking that something may have happened during the new wheel/tire installation. Well after putting it on the alignment machine, the Firestone guys told me that my camber was off on the front right side and that it was negative 1.4. As everyone knows, camber cannot be adjusted. I am just curious if anyone has had this problem and what was the outcome of your dealership interaction? Thanks

392 negative camber.jpg
Sponsored

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
Camber can be adjusted with offset upper ball joint camber sleeves...However the company that makes these sleeves in 6 different offsets-SPC, may have to retool as (at least on the ones I received) they have the expansion slot on the thin side of the sleeve and it should be on the thick side, vertically impossible to expand the thick steel side in the knuckle for a tight fit. I have spoken with SPC and emailed pictures and measurements-I'm sure they will rectify shortly...

SPC sleeve on left, OEM sleeve on right...
Jeep Wrangler JL Wrangler 392 negative camber issue IMG_2846.JPG

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase

Jeep&dogs

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUr
Camber can be adjusted with offset upper ball joint camber sleeves...However the company that makes these sleeves in 6 different offsets-SPC, may have to retool as (at least on the ones I received) they have the expansion slot on the thin side of the sleeve and it should be on the thick side, vertically impossible to expand the thick steel side in the knuckle for a tight fit. I have spoken with SPC and emailed pictures and measurements-I'm sure they will rectify shortly...

SPC sleeve on left, OEM sleeve on right...
Jeep Wrangler JL Wrangler 392 negative camber issue IMG_2846.JPG
The set I received are the same……put them back in the box and returned them.

Sponsored

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I'm bringing this old thread back up to find out if the sleeves mentioned above either got modified by the manufacturer or they were found to work as is.

Gorilla57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito
I'm bringing this old thread back up to find out if the sleeves mentioned above either got modified by the manufacturer or they were found to work as is.
I’m gonna help ya bump up this old thread. Mine has -0.7° on both fronts, so I’d like to get rid of that and even out my tire wear.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I’m gonna help ya bump up this old thread. Mine has -0.7° on both fronts, so I’d like to get rid of that and even out my tire wear.
I believe the spec for our JLs is -0.25 +/-0.50. So yours is at the limit for negative camber. Should corner pretty good like that. Looks to me like you have to disassemble it, figure out what offset sleeve the factory installed, then buy the one you want. Or just order the whole set and hope you don't need two of the same offset.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
After some poking around, I found a video from SPC that shows the OEM sleeve markings as well as how to change it, for those that haven't done balljoint work before. I think you can see the markings while its installed.

Jeep Wrangler JL Wrangler 392 negative camber issue SPC camber sleeve

Sponsored

Gorilla57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Those still show the cut on the wrong side. The cut should be on the side with the flat portion.
Hmmm. Looks like they believe splitting the side with the largest flange is more important than splitting the thick part of the bushing. Has anyone actually tried to install them and had an issue?

Gorilla57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito
Hmmm. Looks like they believe splitting the side with the largest flange is more important than splitting the thick part of the bushing. Has anyone actually tried to install them and had an issue?
I'd like to know the answer to this too..

ANYONE....?????🤷‍♂️
Sponsored