First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2008 Taco TRD
Occupation
Computer Nerd
The first time (early Feb) they replaced my damper with a "all new" damper.......it worked great until Saturday.

I wish there was a clear fix as well......seems like there is a different fix for each case.
The positive thing for you is no mods. There's literally no excuses that can be made!
Sponsored

JohnAinVA

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting for 2021 Jeep Wrangler S MT
The positive thing for you is no mods. There's literally no excuses that can be made!
Exactly......And I only have 2,500 miles on it. I'm guessing if this problem continues, it could fall under the Lemon Law? ......The worst thing is hearing my wife saying "told you not to buy that thing"......

OP
OP
cornholio8

cornholio8

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Computer Nerd
update, Replaced steering stabilizer with nexus EF 2.2 and trackbar with Steer smarts yeti XD and haven't experienced an issue to date. I will update in a month or so.

ChrispyJL

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
The worst thing is hearing my wife saying "told you not to buy that thing"......
I would rather be attacked by mountain lions than hear those words
I still hear them when I talk about my old XJ lol

But as a jeep guy, it doesn't surprise me that we need to go aftermarket to fix things correctly

Still love my JL though, wobble and all.

We should all send FCA an invoice for the parts we needed to fix their mistake..

My tax return play money is going toward a nexus and YETI track bar, can you imagine of FCA engineers were allowed to just put those in from factory instead of the bean counters trying to max profit with cheap garbage parts.

In the end, it is less stressful to spend $500 to fix it, than it is dealing with dealers and FCA

JohnAinVA

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting for 2021 Jeep Wrangler S MT

But as a jeep guy, it doesn't surprise me that we need to go aftermarket to fix things correctly

We should all send FCA an invoice for the parts we needed to fix their mistake..

My tax return play money is going toward a nexus and YETI track bar, can you imagine of FCA engineers were allowed to just put those in from factory instead of the bean counters trying to max profit with cheap garbage parts.

In the end, it is less stressful to spend $500 to fix it, than it is dealing with dealers and FCA
I agree with you -- shockingly, the dealer could not replicate the wobble but at least it's documented....but I do love my Jeep. I will probably end up taking it to an aftermarket place, which is fine and part of the Jeep life, right?

Sponsored

OP
OP
cornholio8

cornholio8

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Computer Nerd

That's the route I took. Rather spend the money and do it right the first time then waste time with trips to the dealer. It's sad but I still love my JLU..

OP
OP
cornholio8

cornholio8

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Computer Nerd
I agree with you -- shockingly, the dealer could not replicate the wobble but at least it's documented....but I do love my Jeep. I will probably end up taking it to an aftermarket place, which is fine and part of the Jeep life, right?
JEEP = Just Empty Every Pocket is the slogan haha. I don't work on vehicles typically but it's fun building my jeep with aftermarket parts.

ChrispyJL

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
I've never owned a jeep that stayed stock lol, I've loved working on them since I was 17.

It is part of owning one, even when nothing is wrong...gotta make it better.

OldBackpacker

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL - Sport
Occupation
Retired
I have an appointment Wednesday - second time for DW in two months. I have a Sport S, no mods and only 2500 miles.....so frustrating.

See my 10-18-23 reply. Have same problem. Dealer stated that Jeep has extended the warranty on the front dampers which caused my front dampers to become ruined and thereby damaged the track bar, requiring replacement. Dealer can advise on their free update and repair (NOT an official recall, an "extended warranty". If you wish to make a formal complaint. Do so at (800) 334-9200 and GET A CASE NUMBER. Especially if your track bar is damaged. $400-600. Good Luck
Sponsored