Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU EcoDiesel
Michigan winter is coming (SE)
Time to rust proof this new Jeep.

Clean
Paint
Protect

Details:
1. Planning to clean the underside with a diluted dish soap solution,rinse clean with pressure washer and let dry.
2. Using Eastwood’s products -
A. Internal Frame coating
B. Coat - bottom of body/ frame /
Axles / Ect with Rust encapsulator
C. Then recoat the above with
Extreme Chassis Paint
3. After the recommended cure time,
coat with CRC Marine anti-corrosive
spray.

Please give your thoughts - possible pit falls ? Places to avoid painting (drive shafts, exhaust will be avoided

Thanks guys
Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Don’t forget of protect the clear coat and paint finish of the body, too. Cold winters mean your Jeep won’t get washed for weeks or months at a time, while salt and gravel will assault the finish.

There are two acrylic polymers I’ve used over the years with great success. The two are similar: Klasse High Gloss Paint Sealer, and Crystal-Glo Paint Treatment.

They are easy to apply: wash and dry the car. Then apply the polymer as if it were car wax and wipe with a soft dry cloth. These products don’t create buildup like wax, and last longer. They leave the paint incredibly smooth to the touch.

Klasse comes from Germany, but is readily available on Amazon and other retailers.
Jeep Wrangler JL Winter is coming 1598221966985

My preferred one is Crystal-Glo Paint Treatment. It is made in Canada but is very difficult to find in the US. If you get across the border, look for it at auto dealers parts and auto parts stores. Or you can order from their website and pay $10 in shipping.
http://www.crystal-glo.com/can/auto/products/2000/
Jeep Wrangler JL Winter is coming 1598222129266

m3reno

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLU
I looked on line for reviews and some have stated that it eats through finished paint!! Be Careful with that stuff. I prefer fluid film as its lanolin based and so far my 11 year old ram and my jeep are rust free. You do have to touch up yearly but it's not that bad

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I've been using that stuff for 20+ years; never had any issues.

It extends the life of your paint finish.

OP
OP
JLUMich

JLUMich

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU EcoDiesel
Don’t forget of protect the clear coat and paint finish of the body, too. Cold winters mean your Jeep won’t get washed for weeks or months at a time, while salt and gravel will assault the finish.

There are two acrylic polymers I’ve used over the years with great success. The two are similar: Klasse High Gloss Paint Sealer, and Crystal-Glo Paint Treatment.

They are easy to apply: wash and dry the car. Then apply the polymer as if it were car wax and wipe with a soft dry cloth. These products don’t create buildup like wax, and last longer. They leave the paint incredibly smooth to the touch.

Klasse comes from Germany, but is readily available on Amazon and other retailers.

My preferred one is Crystal-Glo Paint Treatment. It is made in Canada but is very difficult to find in the US. If you get across the border, look for it at auto dealers parts and auto parts stores. Or you can order from their website and pay $10 in shipping.
http://www.crystal-glo.com/can/auto/products/2000/
Aldo - thanks for the topcoat suggestions.
I didn’t mention it but am planing on a DIY ceramic coat. Would you recommend the above products instead of the ceramic ?
This isn’t going to be a show Jeep by any means - it’s just brand new and I want to start off in a good direction before the inevitable first scratch/dent or ding!

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
You bet.

Those who have done the ceramic coat swear for it. But it is a LOT of money. And it is very difficult to remove once it is on the vehicle. For instance, if you ever wanted to do a vinyl hood blackout or something like that.

I view these polymers as a very affordable alternative. Besides, I don't mind buffing my vehicles twice a year.
Sponsored