Windshield Markings When Cold

Vahdettin

First Name
Vahdettin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Does anybody know if these markings that show when it's cold are supposed to be on the windshield or what? At first they didn't bother me but now it's cold every day, they're kind of annoying. There is one in each corner of the windshield.

IMG_0152.jpeg
Sponsored

Sponsored

OP
OP

Vahdettin

First Name
Vahdettin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Thanks everyone. I posted here because I thought it might be a "Jeep Thing" and they were images of wheels or something (like the Willys decal). I guess a bit of Googling would have helped. Apparently glass cleaner with a lot of elbow grease or a light abrasive cleaner will get rid of them.

JoeValkIS

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon, 2019 Can Am Spyder F3T
Vehicle Showcase
Actually...they are not suction cup marks from the assembly process. I am on my third windshield (second past the original) and the OEM replacements have had the suction cup markings on them. My thoughts are...they are from the manufacturing process...not the Jeep assembly process. Besides, from the video posted (@ the 7:24 min mark) in post #5 above, the suction cup marks would be on the outside on the windshield and not the inside.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
I always assumed it was from picking up the glass when it was still warm :whatsgoingon:

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
The glass is handled several times with suction cups in the process. Where exactly it picks them up, I don’t know. My OEM replacement doesn’t have them at all. They definitely have a distinct pattern, and could probably be tracked down by that. The ones my installer used looked nothing like that.

Stingrey

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JTR & 2015 RR
Occupation
Civil Eng.
They’re suction cup marks from assembly. Don’t worry, they’ll be gone when you replace your windshield in a few weeks :like:
Ok, I LOL'd from this one. Thank you.
Sponsored