Windshield Frame PDR?

dougywarren

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 4xe Sahara
My buddy’s 37” KM3’s threw a nice size rock at my windshield frame haha. Left a nice little dent and took a good chip out. 3 month old 4Xe. Easy or common repair for our Jeeps ?

1EACF504-F655-41FE-8173-E30DE6080E77.jpeg
Sponsored

five9dak

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bikini '20 JL Freedom, '99 Dakota R/T, '97 Boxster
Just a guess, I'm not a PDR guy but I have assisted and disassembled cars to prep for it - If its on the part that folds down, and you don't mind a hole drilled and plugged on the inside of that panel, it is probably doable with the windshield folded down for the repair. Glue pulls probably won't get it on the narrow, curved, and relatively stiff section there, they will need to bump it from behind.

Your best bet is to go get a few quotes, they'll tell you if it's out of their scope. Might help to be prepared to drop the windshield at time of quote so they can evaluate access. Take the wiper arms off ahead of time, etc to make it easier/quicker on site.

OP
OP
dougywarren

dougywarren

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 4xe Sahara
Just a guess, I'm not a PDR guy but I have assisted and disassembled cars to prep for it - If its on the part that folds down, and you don't mind a hole drilled and plugged on the inside of that panel, it is probably doable with the windshield folded down for the repair. Glue pulls probably won't get it on the narrow, curved, and relatively stiff section there, they will need to bump it from behind.

Your best bet is to go get a few quotes, they'll tell you if it's out of their scope. Might help to be prepared to drop the windshield at time of quote so they can evaluate access. Take the wiper arms off ahead of time, etc to make it easier/quicker on site.
Friend at the dealership I got it from said it looks like an easy fix. Hopefully I can get it done cheap. If I do it through them they’ll surely get those wiper arms off for me since they didn’t want to budge last time I tried haha

Kraken75

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon
Friend at the dealership I got it from said it looks like an easy fix. Hopefully I can get it done cheap. If I do it through them they’ll surely get those wiper arms off for me since they didn’t want to budge last time I tried haha
They get this fixed? My new JLU has a small similar spot and I'm juggling whether I even want to consider fixing. You can't see it from the ground, but I know it's there.

OP
OP
dougywarren

dougywarren

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 4xe Sahara
They get this fixed? My new JLU has a small similar spot and I'm juggling whether I even want to consider fixing. You can't see it from the ground, but I know it's there.
Yep! Found a dentless repair guy from a neighbor’s recommendation. I got there and we put the windshield down a few inches and he went in one of the access holes in the frame and popped out the dent in a couple minutes. Charged me $50. I took it home and used a Mopar black touch up and filled it in layer by layer and buffed it down. Would never notice unless you knew it was there
Sponsored