First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Wrangler Willys 4xe
Occupation
Software
Just curious. Do any of you use fluid film, CorrosionX or a similar product on your frames / undercarriage?
Sponsored

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t. I go to the beach often and just come home and crawl under for about a good 15 mins and spray water at full blast.

I personally don’t trust any product that says set it and forget it...

The way I do it is a real PITA but I feel much more comfortable because (I) did it.

Now in your colder states 10 degrees and such unlike Florida I suppose all you can do is have a little faith, trust and pixie dust in those types of products.

Jeepjunkie

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve used Eastwood’s frame rust inhibitor on the inside of the frame on my old TJ with good results.
I do have fluid film for the JL but I haven’t applied it yet.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Central New York is Rust Country, I have my JL ( and previous JKs) treated with "Rust Cop", an annual application of a patented fluid that gets sprayed into all cavities and frame rails ,body, engine compartment.
A Carwell product, it has a warranty against corrosion . Bluebird Bus company, UPS, other fleets use it. Otherwise, vehicle life expectancy is about 10 years up here..

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
Eastwoods inner frame coating, for the inside and I paint the outside with Eastwoods Rust Encapsulator and epoxy chasis black. then spray their Heavy duty Rust Inhibitor

pt exhaus 162.JPG

pt exhaus 163.JPG

pt exhaus 161.JPG

Sponsored

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t. I go to the beach often and just come home and crawl under for about a good 15 mins and spray water at full blast.

I personally don’t trust any product that says set it and forget it...

The way I do it is a real PITA but I feel much more comfortable because (I) did it.

Now in your colder states 10 degrees and such unlike Florida I suppose all you can do is have a little faith, trust and pixie dust in those types of products.

Nice to know I'm not the only one... I also like to take a long-handled scrub brush to the undercarriage.

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Nice to know I'm not the only one... I also like to take a long-handled scrub brush to the undercarriage.
I haven’t gone full anal mode with the brush but I’m sure it’s coming LOL

LBK454

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I used Eastwoods inner frame coating for frame and cross members. Fluid Film on everything else underneath - like the hot sauce - “I put that #@$% on everything.”

Sponsored

American Adventurist

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 StingGray JLUR
Just curious. Do any of you use fluid film, CorrosionX or a similar product on your frames / undercarriage?
I’ve had good results with Fluid Film. In the Midwest they use magnesium chloride on the roads in winter.... the Fluid Film worked very well against it on my Ram and now on my JL. I recommend it.

mandrew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
Fluid Film works great also. It is just a bit messy to use and smells bad the first few days.
Sponsored