Sponsored

1JeepDad

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Sarge Green
I wanted to verify for those of us struggling to defrost our windshields that this fix really does work. I ordered the 5/8 tubbing plug caps and plugged every other hole in the center portion. Now, the outer portion blows air equally like the center portion! Pics for reference and super easy! Thank you to everyone that has posted this fix, as a new jeeper, really appreciate it!

Jeep Wrangler JL Windshield Defroster Fix 20210210_160600
Sponsored

MrMischief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
How well are those held in there? With the fan on high do they bounce or wiggle around? Will they stay in place when the windshield is down?

OP
OP
1JeepDad

1JeepDad

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They are held in pretty tight and with fan on high, they don't move. I heard a clip sound when pushing them in!

OP
OP
1JeepDad

1JeepDad

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

Granite Willys

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW
Occupation
Retired
I wanted to verify for those of us struggling to defrost our windshields that this fix really does work. I ordered the 5/8 tubbing plug caps and plugged every other hole in the center portion. Now, the outer portion blows air equally like the center portion! Pics for reference and super easy! Thank you to everyone that has posted this fix, as a new jeeper, really appreciate it!

Jeep Wrangler JL Windshield Defroster Fix 20210210_160600
Great advice I"m gonna try this !

5foot19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I'll have to try this, because right now, in stock format, it's shit...

OP
OP
1JeepDad

1JeepDad

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It really works and I was surprised!

Sponsored

OP
OP
1JeepDad

1JeepDad

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I believe the fault is the number of vents going across. There's too many so the flow gets less and less- these caps close some off so it helps to push the air through to the end. It's like blowing air through a straw and then blowing air through 30 straws!

Hound Dog

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, 2002 TJ Rustomatic
Plugs on the way. Maybe if we had a defrost only setting. I could drive barefoot trying to deice windshield.
Are you missing a button? My dash has the defrost button right next to the stereo volume. I am missing the heated seats and steering wheel buttons.... :(
Jeep Wrangler JL Windshield Defroster Fix s-l640

Bback58

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys, 2 dr, 6 spd, 2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland automatic
Are you missing a button? My dash has the defrost button right next to the stereo volume. I am missing the heated seats and steering wheel buttons.... :(
s-l640.jpg
I've seen lots of comments about a poor defroster, and I"ve only had to use the defroster once so far, but it seemed to work fine for me. Are most people not using the defrost button?? Maybe with some more use, I will find out it doesn't work well too. We will see. When it is on defrost the fan speed seems to be at a setting of 50 out of 10. It is screaming.

Hound Dog

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, 2002 TJ Rustomatic
I've seen lots of comments about a poor defroster, and I"ve only had to use the defroster once so far, but it seemed to work fine for me. Are most people not using the defrost button?? Maybe with some more use, I will find out it doesn't work well too. We will see.
That is good question. Mine seems OK but it's not like we get arctic blizzards in Virginia. I put an aftermarket remote start in and just remember to set everything before I get out so it is blasting when I let it warm up.
Sponsored