Window Tint Photo Compilation Master Thread

Yann

First Name
Yann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Driving at night was not bad at all. I no longer have that Jeep but the windows are tinted on the Jeep I drive now the same way. Hope this helps.

Jeep Wrangler JL Window Tint Photo Compilation Master Thread BA6357F2-E235-48D1-AF6C-7256E17EF0B7
That's only I worry about, thx

Awickedbeast

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Sahara Unlimited High Altitude
Occupation
Factory Mechanic
I do remember soneone mention he has to open the window when prepare to turn, cannot see pedestrian?
I don’t have to roll the windows down to see pedestrians. I do have the Led headlights so that might be why.

Sponsored

ErAcEr

First Name
Matthew (Mateo)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 ZH2 , 2018 Z900, 2013 Vulcan 1700
Occupation
Engineer/Technician
How's driving at night?
I'd say its a minimal issue of driving at night as im mostly seeing out the front windshide, and the sides block enough of any other cars with high beams on which is frequent around here. One caveat I have with tint on the front door windows is I see the reflection from the radio when doing a left/right look for any thing. I've gotten used to it but every now and then I do a double take thinking its someone with a low power car or pedestrian with some reflectors.

Yann

First Name
Yann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I'd say its a minimal issue of driving at night as im mostly seeing out the front windshide, and the sides block enough of any other cars with high beams on which is frequent around here. One caveat I have with tint on the front door windows is I see the reflection from the radio when doing a left/right look for any thing. I've gotten used to it but every now and then I do a double take thinking its someone with a low power car or pedestrian with some reflectors.
Thx. Seems ok

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLR, 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
I did 18% on the front and limo on the rear. I also did the top 6" of the windshield which really cuts down on the glare.

Jeep Wrangler JL Window Tint Photo Compilation Master Thread IMG_4954

Jeep Wrangler JL Window Tint Photo Compilation Master Thread IMG_4969

Jeep Wrangler JL Window Tint Photo Compilation Master Thread IMG_4971

Last edited:

A.fax21

First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
Jeep Wrangler JL Window Tint Photo Compilation Master Thread tempImageXiEsWm

50% on the windshield (literally makes no difference in visibility, even at night), then 5% on the two front windows and I think he put another layer of 20% on all of the other windows. I love it. (Yes, I sometimes have to roll the window down before I make a left turn at night in areas that aren't well lit.)

I went to De Show Window Tinting in Rockaway, NJ. This is the second vehicle he's done for me. Highly recommend him if you're in the area.

Sponsored

GatorWrangler

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLUR XR
I'm a big fan of 3m Crystalline film. I've had it on my current sedan for 8 years with no issues. 50% on all windows, except on the windshield. Dark car with dark interior in South Florida sun. Heat mitigation is very impressive. I prefer the lighter tint look but that becomes more difficult with the rears already smoked from the factory at ~20%. I want to put crystalline on all the windows of my JLUR w/ SOT hardtop except the windshield (on order). I've only seen two references to crystalline in this thread.

Does anyone have side photos of their Wrangler with any shades of 3m crystalline? Could use some help in seeing what others have done using this film. I'm thinking 40% or 50% on the fronts and either 50, 60 or 70 on the rears over the factory smoked. TIA.

Reactions: DGT

desmo2

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 TJ '97-'11. '21 billet silver JLR
I tinted mine dark AF...

Jeep Wrangler JL Window Tint Photo Compilation Master Thread real Jeep 7

😁

Actually, just the MO legal 35% driver and passenger side.

Deadpooly6

First Name
Korey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Jeep Wrangler JL Window Tint Photo Compilation Master Thread BA92B076-66E1-409C-AE4E-136CADD7B00B

20% on the front 2 matched up pretty well. Not sure what kind of tint they used though.

High-Strung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' JLURD
I did 30% ceramic tint all around with a 5% sun strip on the windshield. Originally I wanted 30% on the hardtop and windows behind the driver and passenger windows.

I wanted 20% up front but the tint shop kept trying to talk me out of it since it wouldn't be legal in Texas. I decided to go with their recommendation since I do plan on road-tripping this Jeep in the near future. I should have gone with 20% up front because that 30% is too light to my tasting.

IMG_1390.jpeg

IMG_1387.jpeg

QwikKotaTx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Dodge Dakota T56, 2015 Hemi Ram
I did 30% ceramic tint all around with a 5% sun strip on the windshield. Originally I wanted 30% on the hardtop and windows behind the driver and passenger windows.

I wanted 20% up front but the tint shop kept trying to talk me out of it since it wouldn't be legal in Texas. I decided to go with their recommendation since I do plan on road-tripping this Jeep in the near future. I should have gone with 20% up front because that 30% is too light to my tasting.

Jeep Wrangler JL Window Tint Photo Compilation Master Thread IMG_1387

Jeep Wrangler JL Window Tint Photo Compilation Master Thread IMG_1387
I have 20% on my Dakota and it's been a royal pain over the years to get inspected. I have to search out shops that will ignore it. I went 35% on my Ram and hated it at first but got over it eventually and no issue with inspections. Wife wants the fronts to match the rears but I told her it will be a hassle.
Sponsored