Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
I bought a $15 one from Seven Slot Sparta (or something) on Amazon. Faded to blue, now it's grey. Perfect for my orange Jeep. I pull it off before I hit the trail, when I hook up my controller, then put it back on when I'm done and the winch is clean/ dry. I use synthetic rope. Always cover your winch- if nothing else it keeps it clean from road grime and lower profile than having it out in the open. .
Sponsored

SGME9

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2020
I have a Smittybuilt winch and I bought a cover for it. I t is so tight around the winch I takes me 20 minutes to get the cover on. I wanted the cover to protect the synthetic line from the sun. I ended up making a plastic cover that slides between the drum and control box to protect the line from sunlight. I will get a picture of it.

j2dadventures

First Name
Jacq
Threads
Reaction score
Website
j2dxplr.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
I have a Smittybuilt winch and I bought a cover for it. I t is so tight around the winch I takes me 20 minutes to get the cover on. I wanted the cover to protect the synthetic line from the sun. I ended up making a plastic cover that slides between the drum and control box to protect the line from sunlight. I will get a picture of it.
We have the same issue with our Smittybuilt winch on Smittybuilt front bumper! Would love to see your setup. 🙏

Sponsored