Sponsored

Willys LED headlights - are they different?

Dono

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys
Hey! Canadian 2020 JLU Willys.

I see Jeeps with the LED headlights where they only have the halo illuminated. Mine doesn’t do this, the center low beam is always on.

Am I doing something wrong? Are they different than the Sahara and Rubicon?
Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
You may need to go into your settings and turn them on. They are not different.

Dave928

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 03 Silverado, 88 Porsche 928 S4
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
they are different. canaduh's Motor Vehicle Safety Act (1993) doesn't allow you to deactivate your DRLs. you won't find it in the settings.

OP
OP

Dono

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys
they are different. canaduh's Motor Vehicle Safety Act (1993) doesn't allow you to deactivate your DRLs. you won't find it in the settings.
I've seen Canadian jeeps with it, but they all seem to have the full LED pkg.

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
I don’t have LEDs or DRLs, but have you looked to see if they turn on when the parking brake is released. I know that’s how the DRLs on the fenders get turned on in the states.

Sponsored

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
I have a 2020 Willy JL too and I have the same thing. I have the HID lights, and it seems to have the halo ring, but the headlights are always on. I can’t even turn them off with the light switch, nothing happens! I asked about it at my first oil change and the service advisor said they’d take a look. He said they couldn’t find anything wrong and that “the ones on the road you see must have aftermarket headlights nothing is wrong with yours”...ok... seems like a BS answer cause they are too lazy to figure it out. What car on the road these days has an option where the headlights are always on!? Did you figure anything out?

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
I have a 2020 Willy JL too and I have the same thing. I have the HID lights, and it seems to have the halo ring, but the headlights are always on. I can’t even turn them off with the light switch, nothing happens! I asked about it at my first oil change and the service advisor said they’d take a look. He said they couldn’t find anything wrong and that “the ones on the road you see must have aftermarket headlights nothing is wrong with yours”...ok... seems like a BS answer cause they are too lazy to figure it out. What car on the road these days has an option where the headlights are always on!? Did you figure anything out?
To my knowledge y’all up Canada have DRL laws that require headlights to be on in a low power mode so to speak. So your lights being on at all times is technically correct.

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
To my knowledge y’all up Canada have DRL laws that require headlights to be on in a low power mode so to speak. So your lights being on at all times is technically correct.
but I see other models on the streets in Canada with their DRLs off and just the halos on. I see multiple a day. And they are the OEM HID LED lights

OP
OP

Dono

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys
I was able to accomplish this with the Tazer JL, just to close the loop here.

Sponsored

WillysPGG

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Jl Willys
I was able to accomplish this with the Tazer JL, just to close the loop here.
What did it allow you to do, I have a 21 willys on order from NB and I’m trying to figure out what lights up for drl and park lights and signals so I can decide on how to go all led.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
The full LED light group like Rubicons and Saharas have uses the fender lights as DRLs. The headlights on those models don’t have to be on to function as DRLs, so the ring is then illuminated.