Are LED headlights expensive on other vehicles?

1. Rolling Ragu

Rolling Ragu Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Tony
    Vehicle(s):
    None
    Liked:
    I am seeing so many other cars with LED headlights, including fancy daytime running lights. I was wondering if they come as the base headlight on other vehicles? I saw a review on the new 2021 Suburban and it said they were the standard light now. Are we the only ones paying a $1k premium to have them?

2. Glamisfan

Glamisfan Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Steve
    Vehicle(s):
    Rzr xp turbo, super duty
    Liked:
    My wife’s brand new $25,000 Honda comes standard with LED headlights, lane keep assist and adaptive cruise control. The car will drive itself as long as you very slightly move the steering wheel every 18 seconds. On the wrangler it cost $1800 for the two safety groups just to get the adaptive cruise control and $1100 for the LED headlights........ and it still won’t drive itself.

3. rkj__

rkj__ Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Ryan
    Vehicle(s):
    GMC Sierra, Mini Countryman S
    Liked:
    Most vehicles I am aware of, either have the same headlights across the line, or get upgraded headlights as a part of a package, or trim level upgrade. In vehicles I've looked at, it is rare to see headlights as a standalone option like on the Wrangler.

4. blnewt

blnewt Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Brad
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Jeep JL Sport S, 03 Toyota 4Runner, Infiniti G37, Toyota T100 (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
    Liked:
    And if you opt for a Sport you can't even have that LED option :(