First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
The Sahara is a fancy Sport S for the price of a Rubicon is why.
Sponsored

John VonJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
I assume you are talking about options and not interior trims. Living in Texas as for as some of your wants, the Tow Package is too much money when you can but a 2" receiver and wiring harness for $150, Anti-Spin rear axle is probably something you will never use $595, Cold Weather group is not needed for a Wrangler, the heater works very well, Apple-Carplay is not standard in all model, not available in the Willys Sport and the base Wrangler model 5" radio. Remember on Wranglers you pay a lot for options most will never use and Wranglers are very capable in just there stock model. Personally the Willys model is the best bang for the buck all the way around.
They eliminated the 5ā€ screen for 2022. I believe all Wranglers now have CarPlay compatibility.

NChap89

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
The Sahara is a fancy Sport S for the price of a Rubicon is why.
I agree.

Goes Willys and spec features you have to have.

Or do what I did, order a ā€˜22 JLU XR w/ cool options knowing damn well I donā€™t need all those features but said ā€œF it, Iā€™m getting what I want, not needā€.

vasdimpop

First Name
Vasil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY22 JLUR (being built)
Based on the information you provided, you'd be best suited in either a Willys or Sahara; Willys will look more aggressive vs Sahara more sophisticated.

Dan M.

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport (2 door)
Willys is a great option, but don't overlook a sport. I have a sport with the convience package, cold weather package, and IT package. It has everything on your list except the limited slip diff (which may have be an option you can add). I bought it off the lot, but if I built a WIllys with the same stuff it would have been more.

Sponsored

OP
OP

jsavvy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
Hey everyone, thanks for the replies. I love this forum!

It does sound like the 7in is the standard now so Carplay is available no matter which one you get.

Looks like its down to the Sport or the Willys (Sounds like the Sahara is mostly about interior amenities- is that right?).

Is the only Difference between Sport & Sport S or the Willys Sport & Willys power windows and locks or am I missing something here?

I love that the Willys has the anti spin as part of the package and Rubicon suspension parts. The wheels look great but Iā€™m not sure about the tires for a daily driver - who uses the Willys with stock tires for a daily driver? Iā€™d be interested in your experience with them. My commute is about 20 miles each way to work and back.

22hvjeepgirl

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S (ordered)
Occupation
Teacher

It does sound like the 7in is the standard now so Carplay is available no matter which one you get.

Looks like its down to the Sport or the Willys (Sounds like the Sahara is mostly about interior amenities- is that right?).

Is the only Difference between Sport & Sport S or the Willys Sport & Willys power windows and locks or am I missing something here?

I love that the Willys has the anti spin as part of the package and Rubicon suspension parts. The wheels look great but Iā€™m not sure about the tires for a daily driver - who uses the Willys with stock tires for a daily driver? Iā€™d be interested in your experience with them. My commute is about 20 miles each way to work and back.
I decided on the sport s because of the price. I ordered exactly what I wanted, and doing that between the sport s and willys was about 2000 difference. I go trail riding, but nothing close to what I would need a willys or rubicon for. Go on the jeep.com site and build some. That's what I did. You will see with each build what options are offered. Yes, you can add Anti spin to the sport s. Another option not offered for the base sport and willy sport is the alpine sound system - I felt I needed that. LOL

22hvjeepgirl

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S (ordered)
Occupation
Teacher
I decided on the sport s because of the price. I ordered exactly what I wanted, and doing that between the sport s and willys was about 2000 difference. I go trail riding, but nothing close to what I would need a willys or rubicon for. Go on the jeep.com site and build some. That's what I did. You will see with each build what options are offered. Yes, you can add Anti spin to the sport s. Another option not offered for the base sport and willy sport is the alpine sound system - I felt I needed that. LOL
Also, mine will be a daily driver too......so I went with 2.0 turbo. Very fun to drive, and all season tires.

Nitehawk92

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLU Reign Rubicon 14 Mazda, 22 Hyundia Santa Fe
To me a Sahara is the "luxury" Jeep model. It can still climb, but not like a Willys or Rubicon. But advised though the base model Sport and the Willys Sport does not have power windows and door locks. But a loaded Sahara is actually less then a loaded Willys. So if you want lots of options the Sahara is the way to go. If you just want a baseline Willys you get more climb for your buck...

Trailrated

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' JL Willys 2.0T

Just got me a Willys 2D. I have been daily driving it. Willys just has rubicon shocks, thats it. No springs, etc. I have the Firestone MT2's. Ride is not to bad, but I got to dial in my steering. Airing the tires down helped, but I gotta get my steering wheel adjusted as it slightly off center to the left. When I hold it center, the jeep veers to the right. Tires have minimal road noise, but its noticeable you're running mud tires.
Sponsored