US pricing help please

YankeeMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara Bright White
Hello everyone, was wondering if I could ask for a little bit of help please. Just purchased a new JLU here in Canada a few months back, my third Jeep. Negotiated a good deal, I think. My sister in Florida is in the market for a Jeep as well and I’m a bit lost to where I should start to give her a number to look at. I’ve worked in the auto manufacturing sector for 20 years and know generally to be a $5000-$8000 difference in pricing from Canada to US. But was wondering if anyone could help on a good negotiated price. She’s looking for a JLU, V6 Auto, Nav, Cloth, LED, and what we call in Canada, the winter package, heated seats with the all-terrain tires. Thank You
Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Hello everyone, was wondering if I could ask for a little bit of help please. Just purchased a new JLU here in Canada a few months back, my third Jeep. Negotiated a good deal, I think. My sister in Florida is in the market for a Jeep as well and I’m a bit lost to where I should start to give her a number to look at. I’ve worked in the auto manufacturing sector for 20 years and know generally to be a $5000-$8000 difference in pricing from Canada to US. But was wondering if anyone could help on a good negotiated price. She’s looking for a JLU, V6 Auto, Nav, Cloth, LED, and what we call in Canada, the winter package, heated seats with the all-terrain tires. Thank You
What part of FL is she in? Is she willing to order and travel? There are a couple of dealer who will sell for 6%-8% under invoice on the east coast. Check out Criswell, they have a reputation for being no BS and professional. Buy/order from them over the phone for 7%-8% under invoice then fly in and drive home to FL OR take the Amtrak Auto Train. The Auto Train goes from DC to FL. She drives to the train station, they load her new Wrangler onto the train and she rides the train home with it!

https://www.amtrak.com/auto-train-your-car-your-stuff-and-you

OP
OP
YankeeMike

YankeeMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara Bright White
What part of FL is she in? Is she willing to order and travel? There are a couple of dealer who will sell for 6%-8% under invoice on the east coast. Check out Criswell, they have a reputation for being no BS and professional. Buy/order from them over the phone for 7%-8% under invoice then fly in and drive home to FL OR take the Amtrak Auto Train. The Auto Train goes from DC to FL. She drives to the train station, they load her new Wrangler onto the train and she rides the train home with it!

Thanks for the reply, she’s on the west coast of Florida. I don’t think she’d be up for your suggestion though Thanks again. So in US prices what would 8% below invoice be on a Sahara roughly?

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Yngwie

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Sarge Green JLUR
Vehicle Showcase

That's pretty cool. I almost wish I still lived in DC just to take a trip to FL on the Auto Train.

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's pretty cool. I almost wish I still lived in DC just to take a trip to FL on the Auto Train.
I see your in Chicago. Lucky for you if you are shopping for a Wrangler. We have a no BS salesman named Jason Beltran here in the Chicago area who sells at 7%-under invoice.

Yeah, the Auto Train is cool. Closes we have is the Lake Express Ferry. It is a boat/ferry that leaves Milwaukee that travels across Lake Michigan to Muskegon MI. It's a nice short cut for anyone to travel from WI to MI and avoid the Chicago traffic.

https://www.lake-express.com

Yngwie

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Sarge Green JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I see your in Chicago. Lucky for you if you are shopping for a Wrangler. We have a no BS salesman named Jason Beltran here in the Chicago area who sells at 7%-under invoice.

Yeah, the Auto Train is cool. Closes we have is the Lake Express Ferry. It is a boat/ferry that leaves Milwaukee that travels across Lake Michigan to Muskegon MI. It's a nice short cut for anyone to travel from WI to MI and avoid the Chicago traffic.

https://www.lake-express.com
Thanks for the great tip about Jason. Yeah, I saw all the positive comments about him on the forum and met with him to order a Sarge Green JULR when it becomes available. Indeed a no-nonsense guy who gives a good deal. Can't wait to close the deal.

And yeah, that Lake Express Ferry is pretty cool. (Good job with the coincidence, as I also lived in Milwaukee before and after DC, but never used the ferry).

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the great tip about Jason. Yeah, I saw all the positive comments about him on the forum and met with him to order a Sarge Green JULR when it becomes available. Indeed a no-nonsense guy who gives a good deal. Can't wait to close the deal.

And yeah, that Lake Express Ferry is pretty cool. (Good job with the coincidence, as I also lived in Milwaukee before and after DC, but never used the ferry).
I wish Sarge Green was available when I ordered.

Another coincidence…I see you own a 911 also. You ever do any Porsche Club events in the Chicago area?

Welcome to the forum by the way!

Yngwie

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Sarge Green JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I wish Sarge Green was available when I ordered.

Another coincidence…I see you own a 911 also. You ever do any Porsche Club events in the Chicago area?

Welcome to the forum by the way!
Thanks. Great to be here!

I used to hit the track with PCA when I had a 2000 Boxster S in WI. The 911 is a 2007 tiptronic and not as fun on the track. Even aside from manual transmission, the Boxster was just so much more balanced with its mid engine, which made it even more fun.

How's the PCA in Chicago area?

Although, I'll be looking more into Jeep events once Sarge Green gets released. ;)

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks. Great to be here!

I used to hit the track with PCA when I had a 2000 Boxster S in WI. The 911 is a 2007 tiptronic and not as fun on the track. Even aside from manual transmission, the Boxster was just so much more balanced with its mid engine, which made it even more fun.

How's the PCA in Chicago area?

Although, I'll be looking more into Jeep events once Sarge Green gets released. ;)
Welcome back to the region!

The Chicago Region PCA is great. Road America, Blackhawk, Joilet, Gingerman are all reasonably close tracks. The annual Potter's Picnic is always fun. I totally know what you mean about the mid-engine. I had a Cayman S and loved it! Probably the most balanced, confidence inspiring car I have driven. Owned a few 911s also. I just sold a 911 in anticipation for the new mid-engine C8 Corvette. My favorite 911 was my old 997.2 '09 C4S. Great steering feel with the exception of the front end lift under acceleration that all 911s have.

You are going to LOVE your Sarge Green JLUR! I stopped driving my sports cars once I got the Wrangler. My JLR is definitely one of my all time favorite vehicles.

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the reply, she’s on the west coast of Florida. I don’t think she’d be up for your suggestion though Thanks again. So in US prices what would 8% below invoice be on a Sahara roughly?
Remind your sister. FL has some of the highest DOC fees in the country because there is no cap in FL. That could be $600-$700 more then another State.

Yngwie

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Sarge Green JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Welcome back to the region!

The Chicago Region PCA is great. Road America, Blackhawk, Joilet, Gingerman are all reasonably close tracks. The annual Potter's Picnic is always fun. I totally know what you mean about the mid-engine. I had a Cayman S and loved it! Probably the most balanced, confidence inspiring car I have driven. Owned a few 911s also. I just sold a 911 in anticipation for the new mid-engine C8 Corvette. My favorite 911 was my old 997.2 '09 C4S. Great steering feel with the exception of the front end lift under acceleration that all 911s have.

You are going to LOVE your Sarge Green JLUR! I stopped driving my sports cars once I got the Wrangler. My JLR is definitely one of my all time favorite vehicles.
Thanks! While I've been in Chicago for 15 years, it's still nice to be welcomed back. :)

Those look like fun and convenient tracks. I've only been to Road America and Autobahn. Also, that mid-engine C8 is looking sweet. Congrats on being able to switch between such great cars so often.

And yeah, totally looking forward to the JLUR. I totally agree that my Jeeps have been just as fun, if not more, than my Porsches. Although, I have to admit I will always miss the "fun" of bouncing down the road on my CJ and YJ leaf springs. The JLUR we test drove seemed like such a smooth ride in comparison. More like driving a truck. Even so, can't wait!

We've totally hijacked this thread. ;)

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
:)
Thanks! While I've been in Chicago for 15 years, it's still nice to be welcomed back. :)

Those look like fun and convenient tracks. I've only been to Road America and Autobahn. Also, that mid-engine C8 is looking sweet. Congrats on being able to switch between such great cars so often.

And yeah, totally looking forward to the JLUR. I totally agree that my Jeeps have been just as fun, if not more, than my Porsches. Although, I have to admit I will always miss the "fun" of bouncing down the road on my CJ and YJ leaf springs. The JLUR we test drove seemed like such a smooth ride in comparison. More like driving a truck. Even so, can't wait!

We've totally hijacked this thread. ;)
One last off-topic hijacked reply.. lol

I absolutely LOVE Porsche products. I feel they make some of the finest driving cars in the world, at any price. Some exotic car owners may turn their noses up at Porsche but the product is genuine. Everything they make from Boxsters to the GT3-RS are invigorating to drive for their price points. They might not be the fastest in a straight line but they are so balanced and satisfying to drive. Every model is confidence inspiring, easy to drive at the limit. Unlike the C6 and C7 series Corvettes. Not to knock the C6 or C7s. I owned a couple. They are REALLY high performing but just lacks a tiny bit of finesse and refinement. They are not as confidence inspiring as the P Cars. I am hoping the mid-engine C8 closes the gap. Initial reviews sound promising.

I think I LOVE Wranglers more then P Cars. lol I never owned a CJ or YJ. I used to have a TJ, JK and now a JLR. I remember clearly the differences and improvements between each series of Wrangler. It was such a huge jump in refinement, smoothness, quietness, power, between the TJ and JK. Like night and day. I felt the same when I went from the JK to the JL. Better everything. Much more powerful, more capable, smoother, quieter, better gas milage. lol

You will absolutely LOVE your Wrangler!

Sorry to OP YankeeMike for going off topic! Let us know if we can help your sister anymore with her JL purchase?