Revolution_322

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubi White
So funny I saw this lol. He is actually selling this thing.
65F3AE70-6E9E-49F7-BEFB-1877713B72EE.png
16D092AC-2044-4C82-BF3E-EAB9FF66E493.png
38980C1D-10CF-48E3-B7A2-94326247C85C.png

CD630198-4506-416A-9053-0676983102E0.jpeg
Every. Frikken. Time.

Good find bro. Pretty much sums it up right there. Even the owner knows it was a bad idea. Dana 35’s no less...
Sponsored

Nomod

First Name
Brien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S; '05 Pontiac GTO; '12 MBenz GLK; '99 Kawasaki 1500 Vulcan; all purchased new - I tend to keep vehicles a long time
I knew a guy back in the '60s who installed a Buick Wildcat engine in his '56 VW Beetle. Among various mods, he had to move the driver's compartment to the rear seat and flare the wheel wells. He left the original engine in for traction and had a hand control so he could rev it at stop lights. Most people thought it was ridiculous. Some of us wished we owned it.

BadWolf

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Sarge Green)
I got a guy who lives in the area who bought an Ford F250 4x4 and actually LOWERED it. People do strange things and then whine when they go to sell it and no one seems to want to buy it.

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
I had an Uncle who, in the 1970's, having viewed some abstract art that was effectively splotches of paint on a canvas said, "Why are people paying so much for this; even I can do this?"

...and he did.....

...and got good money for some of his "works."

Was my Uncle immoral: no way.

Is there a sucker born every minute? Is value in the eyes of the beholder?

I suspect the answer lies somewhere in between.

The rig of this thread isn't for me. It may have allure for others and all the seller needs is one buyer.

Sponsored

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLUR, 97 Centurion Dually 7.3, 97 Classy Chassis Dually 7.3, 2016 Ultra Classic CVO
Vehicle Showcase
I never understood it either...... then I got older and said hey it's their money their ride.... I just mind my own anymore these days....

JP29

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport
Takes a big man to take a picture and run home to post it on the internet into the echo chamber - glad that in six pages you got major dissent towards your attitude. Maybe next time say it to his face, see what happens?

OP
OP

Revolution_322

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubi White
Takes a big man to take a picture and run home to post it on the internet into the echo chamber - glad that in six pages you got major dissent towards your attitude. Maybe next time say it to his face, see what happens?
Its you isnt it.

Sponsored

nostatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JL Sport S PDN, '18 R1200GS Rallye
Occupation
chief bottle washer
At some point in the 70's or 80's (its all a blur), some people decided that VW Bugs - the original air-cooled ones - needed to be chopped and lowered. And thus the "Cal style" bug was born. As someone who had a '67 as a first car and a '62 that I converted to a baja bug, I hated the Cal style thing. But then again, there probably are people who hated baja bug conversions. And plenty just hated the Bug to begin with :). The only real downside was that clean original Bugs became very had to find, and hence expensive. Then again, it was a great car for me when I was 16 in the 70's. Not much more than a nostalgia trip now.

People pay their money, they get to customize however they want. I'm sure there are folks who think that 35s or 37s on a Jeep are ridiculous. Not that many vehicles are a strict interpretation of form follows function.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Not a fan of high offset wheels that poke like a skateboard or small sidewalls, so I'm not a fan of that particular Jeep.

But am a fan of someone trying to make their vehicle their own, not just driving it off the lot and leaving it as-is throughout the vehicles life (although there's nothing wrong w/ that). So respect the guys desire to get whatever look he (or she) is after, even though it differs from what I would consider.

I will say, they've totally blown up their scrub radius!

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Not a fan of high offset wheels that poke like a skateboard or small sidewalls, so I'm not a fan of that particular Jeep.
Los Angeles is plagued with those it is so strange. I am still trying to understand whats the appeal of it. Someone around these forums said they like "the agresive look". I dont get why peeps want their jeeps to be pissed all the time. But anyway that look is easily achieved with the angry grill. The offset wheels to me looks more like the jeep is struggling to hold its own weight and the wheels just pop out. Very cartoonish.

I think they are all gonna be very happy with a Bronco.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.