Sponsored

Who actually uses A/C?

WreckEm711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport 6 speed
I absolutely wanted manual windows and door locks.
Same, love mine! Plus its always fun seeing the smile on peoples faces when they get in and crank them up and down and talk about their parents or grandparents vehicles they remember riding in. It's something I wanted for simplicity that for some reason brings joy to people when they see it, so it makes me happy!
Sponsored

SirMagnus89

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Sport 2 Door, Mojito!
Honestly, get it. I didn't want AC either but it was in the Jeep when i purchased so it wasn't really an option for me. I have used it a couple times when i was on my way to a wedding and needed to not look like a hot pile of trash. It is also good for those hot and rainy days in the summer or long road trips when the top is on. Also, passengers. Dogs, grandparents, friends and boyfriend/girlfriend would appreciate it.

Just my 2 cents.

:D

631_Islander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon with 8 speed and 3.6L Pentastar without eTorque
Anyone out there running without A/C? Have it but never use it? I'm ordering soon and wondering if the $1300 is going to be a waste. If it's hot, I'm going to have the top off/down. Give me some scenarios where A/C is a must. Thanks!
A/C is a must for me in case I need to sell my Jeep. Resale may suffer. I would get it even if I will never use it.

Sponsored

Morris4x4

First Name
Morris 4x4
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.morris4x4center.com
Vehicle(s)
JL, '13 JK
Personally, I barelyyyy use mine (desert lizard in human form). I only use it for the dogs and guests basically. 2 of our other rigs don't have it b/c engine swaps and turbo noises are fun 😂.

SirMagnus89

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Sport 2 Door, Mojito!
Didn't even know you could get a Wrangler without AC. I wouldn't be without it but my Wrangler is simply my daily. No mods, no removing doors, top, etc. It gets hot as heck in summer & I wouldn't be without AC.
I have a question, you have never even removed your top, not even the roof panels above the front seats?

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
Hell, here in Arizona I even use it in the winter! Would not even think about buying a vehicle without A/C...NOT a good move to buy without, expect to lose 2 to 3 times the cost of the A/C when you go to sell/trade.

Sponsored

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
I am in socal.. and during summer in safari mode (softtop), AC full blast i am still misserable on hot days.. just for resale alone one day you should get AC.. put me down for the what in the heck are you thinking buddy collumn :)

Bswen

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Move to Atlanta and try to sell it without AC. I use AC with top on and top off. Depending on the weather I could use heat with top on or off as well. Just nice to have if you need it. Maybe San Diego 75 and sunny all the time would be ok... Or Alaska...

WAOLIFE

First Name
Adrian & Josie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUM - 3.6L - Sky Touch & 2015 WK2O - 3.6L - IG: @wa0life
Occupation
Fiddler of Parts
Anyone out there running without A/C? Have it but never use it? I'm ordering soon and wondering if the $1300 is going to be a waste. If it's hot, I'm going to have the top off/down. Give me some scenarios where A/C is a must. Thanks!
LOL that may be the funniest post I have seen lately.

OP
OP
captainmac44

captainmac44

First Name
Morgan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Sport
Ok, ok, ok. I was going to get the A/C anyway... now I just know for sure. Thanks for the responses!
Sponsored