First Name
Tad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 power wagon
Occupation
Gas Serviceman
Do not if this where this should be posted but here goes. been out jeep world for a while. We have a 4D jl Rubicon on it's way, with steel bumpers going to put winch down in the factory bumper. What size do you all run 8000, 9000, 10000. My power wagon has a 12000 warn but I know that I way overkill. I still think warn is the top dog but seeing a lot of other brand any luck with them mainly smittybuilt. Thanks for any help
Sponsored

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
Warns used to be good. Not so much now there is another thread here tha has a link to winch shootout check it out. Spoiler alert don’t read who won until you read the whole article then write down who you think won and compare the results

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I went with the Smittybilt XRC9500 with synthetic rope for a couple reasons. First, and most importantly, it is only 46 pounds. I want to add as little weight as possible, especially with something I'll rarely use, but will carry around all the time. Secondly, it has one of the best warranties in the business. Third, I got a Black Friday deal. It was under 300 bucks shipped, with synthetic line. It is also waterproof.

OP
OP

Easttnrhino

First Name
Tad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 power wagon
Occupation
Gas Serviceman
Help me with the link to winch test found a four wheeler mag test but it's 2011. And on the smittybuilt tried it or used it yet. And the warn zeon is most lilkey top pick but I agree with danw on weight and price. I have a Ramsey 9500 on receiver that I put in my hitch on truck but it is the most undependable winch I have ever had.

JL2018

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi. Granite Crystal
Occupation
Realtor

BostonBilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
I went with the Smittybilt XRC9500 with synthetic rope for a couple reasons. First, and most importantly, it is only 46 pounds. I want to add as little weight as possible, especially with something I'll rarely use, but will carry around all the time. Secondly, it has one of the best warranties in the business. Third, I got a Black Friday deal. It was under 300 bucks shipped, with synthetic line. It is also waterproof.
Where did you buy from? Have you seen any other good deals since your purchased yours? Like you it will only be a "just in case" item, I hate to spend a grand on the Zeon of I can get a good midrange for less than 400 bucks

Sponsored

RonH

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150, 2018 Granite Crystal Metalic JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Retired AF, Now Field Engineer / Site Manager
Vehicle Showcase
This is what we are adding to our JLUR:

ZEON10-S.jpg
Same here...been in the garage since Christmas waiting on, first delivery, now the mount plate for install...

Kenc

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RAM TRX, 2020 C8 Corvette, and a Wrangler 392
Occupation
Boat Builder
Do you need an adapter plate to install the 10s?
Just the winch plate which you need no matter what winch you install. The winch fits great!

JL2018

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi. Granite Crystal
Occupation
Realtor
Do you need an adapter plate to install the 10s?
JCR has one that will fit the 10's, there may be others by now as well. The biggest problem with the fit is depth. (keeping it out from the grill)
Sponsored