Sponsored

Badlands Apex and factory bumper, which winch plate?

99ls1tj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK 2019 Ram 2500
I've had this winch in a box for almost a year now sitting in the basement. It's for my wife's 4XE and I know she'll never use it, but I do want it to be functional if needed. Can anyone recommend a plate for this setup that doesn't require spacers or grinding and won't bend under a heavy load and possibly break the winch? Thanks
Sponsored

Cjanak21

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber Security Consultant
Warn / Maximous3 / Grimm offroad. I personally wouldn't get any other plate than one of these 3. I have the Grimm offroad one. I think it's rated the highest at 14klbs or so, also made in USA

mini4mw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 392
I've read a number of posts and reviews on Maximus-3 and Warn winch plate on a JLUR steel bumper with a Badlands 12k winch; Some say you need spacers, some say it fit right in without modifications, some cut the clutch lever. I know a few people here must have installed these combos. What happened when you installed it?

I see on Maximus' site you need a 90 degree clutch lever for the Zeon so I'm guessing spacer or cutting clutch for the Apex.

Sublime

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HellaYella Rubicon
I used the Warn plate for mine. No spacers but I did have to do some minor grinding on the bottom of the lever to clear the bumper.

mini4mw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 392
I put a Badlands Apex 12k on this past week. I used Rugged Ridge spacers and Maximus-3 winch plate. Everything fit together nicely and the winch clutch release clears the bumper. Everything included in either Apex, Maximus or Rugged box. I did not need to buy anything extra. The wiring of the Apex is against the grill pretty tight. I tried to use the front holes on the Maximus plate, but the bumper wouldn't fit and I had to use the holes one step back, marked in red in the plate pic.

clutch.jpg
plate.jpg
Rugged Ridge.jpg
spacer 1.jpg
spacer 2.jpg
winch front.jpg
winch top.jpg

Sponsored

sbrindley

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I put a Badlands Apex 12k on this past week. I used Rugged Ridge spacers and Maximus-3 winch plate. Everything fit together nicely and the winch clutch release clears the bumper. Everything included in either Apex, Maximus or Rugged box. I did not need to buy anything extra. The wiring of the Apex is against the grill pretty tight. I tried to use the front holes on the Maximus plate, but the bumper wouldn't fit and I had to use the holes one step back, marked in red in the plate pic.

clutch.jpg
plate.jpg
Rugged Ridge.jpg
spacer 1.jpg
spacer 2.jpg
winch front.jpg
winch top.jpg
How did you get the fairlead installed? I have the warn winch plate and I'm trying to get the apex 12k fairlead on but the bolts aren't long enough and apparently I'm going through the fairlead, the fairlead plate, the bumper and the winch plate but completely confused on how I'm supposed to get behind it to tighten the bolt considering there is no room for anything and it's not long enough? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

mini4mw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 392
I put the fairlead. On before putting the bumper back on (attached fairlead and ran line through it). Perhaps the warn is thinker and the bolts are not long enought, but the apex fit just fine.
Sponsored