Sponsored

Which top is easiest to remove completely?

Yolobaggins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rav4
So this weekend, I will officially be a first time Wrangler owner!

Found a great deal on a 2019 Sahara Mojito. This color is the one I have been dying to get and I got it! It has everything I wanted plus more

I do have a question in regards to tops. It comes with the Dual Top Group

I have decided to go with the soft top for 2 main reasons: I have limited garage space and I want ease of changing between topless, etc

I have been thinking of selling the hard top and possibly getting the Trektop Bestop as well for its great safari look

But Iā€™m unsure. Which soft top is the easiest to remove completely? Which one is generally easier to deal with?

Thanks!
Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper

Found a great deal on a 2019 Sahara Mojito. This color is the one I have been dying to get and I got it! It has everything I wanted plus more

I have decided to go with the soft top for 2 main reasons: I have limited garage space and I want ease of changing between topless, etc

I have been thinking of selling the hard top and possibly getting the Trektop Bestop as well for its great safari look

But Iā€™m unsure. Which soft top is the easiest to remove completely? Which one is generally easier to deal with?

Thanks!
Why do you wanna get rid of the oem soft top?. They're both as easy to remove, and the OEM can be run on safari mode by removing the windows. The OEM softop can be pulled all the way back, the Trektop can't, you will always have a bit of roof over the backseat.

Sell the hardtop if you don't have garage space for it and don't need it. It is also much harder to remove than the soft top.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase

Thanks!
Not the answer you are looking for but I am a hardtop fan but like to have topless many months of the year. I picked up a used TopLift Pro and can remove/reinstall hardtop in 10 mins with a cordless drill. Love it... it also allows to pull jeep under when stored. Totally get the ease of throwing the soft top down and still have ability to put back up if necessary. Good luck on your decision and congrats on new to you Mojito

OP
OP
Yolobaggins

Yolobaggins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rav4
Why do you wanna get rid of the oem soft top?. They're both as easy to remove, and the OEM can be run on safari mode by removing the windows. The OEM softop can be pulled all the way back, the Trektop can't, you will always have a bit of roof over the backseat.

Sell the hardtop if you don't have garage space for it and don't need it. It is also much harder to remove than the soft top.
I do want to sell the hard top but keep the premium soft top but didnā€™t know how different the trektop is compared to the OEM one

Zotch

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hella Sport S JL
Do you have a job? Are you afraid of crime (hardtop better). Do you care about noise?

Do you have a garage? Do you need the back to be open?

Can you keep the hardtop and get a Sunrider (best option)?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Yolobaggins

Yolobaggins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rav4
Not the answer you are looking for but I am a hardtop fan but like to have topless many months of the year. I picked up a used TopLift Pro and can remove/reinstall hardtop in 10 mins with a cordless drill. Love it... it also allows to pull jeep under when stored. Totally get the ease of throwing the soft top down and still have ability to put back up if necessary. Good luck on your decision and congrats on new to you Mojito
Oh I looked that up and am totally loving that but not the price

Where did you find a used one?

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase

Definitely pricey. Good part is they resell for not much less most of time and sell very quickly. I got lucky and found one local on FB Marketplace for a steal. Letā€™s just say it was less then half from new. It is so easy that I throw hardtop back on just to wash and take right back off.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Yeah I have a toplift pro as well. Bought it for $300 on craigslist. I love it. I use that and a cordless drill to take off the top in no time.

However, the OEM softop is still faster and more convenient. I only have the hardtop because I need it for my rack.

The JL soft-top is quiet, specially the premium one. The JL soft top looks great, doesn't wrinkle, and it is very practical. If you don't need a hardtop, sell it and keep the oem top.

neil

First Name
neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR, 21 JLUR and others
Build Thread
Link
Wife got a one touch. With the pop out rear windows it's pretty quick.

Sponsored

treoguy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
Toplift Pro is worth the money. Think of it as part of your Jeep purchase, because you'll experience topless more often than not with the Toplift Pro.

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
ā€˜Merica

Hardtop. I have two JLsā€”mine is dual top, I run naked or soft from March-October, switch over to hard in October. The wifeā€™s is hard with Bestop Sunrider for hardtop. I use a Lange hoist to remove the hardtops. I strap my soft to the hoist when rolling hard. Lots of top lift options, even DIY.

https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&hl=en-us&sxsrf=ALeKk00uGizsd_x0hFTlUpI_msiP9fMMfA:1605749046351&ei=Nsm1X-ekFKal5NoPlLid2A0&q=jeep+jl+lift+hardtop&oq=jeep+jl+lift+hardtop&gs_lcp=ChNtb2JpbGUtZ3dzLXdpei1zZXJwEAMyCQgAEMkDEBYQHjIGCAAQFhAeMgYIABAWEB4yBggAEBYQHjIGCAAQFhAeMggIIRAWEB0QHjIICCEQFhAdEB4yCAghEBYQHRAeOgQIABBHOgUIABDJAzoCCAA6BQghEKABULxFWJhWYMdcaABwAXgAgAGQAYgB5gWSAQM2LjKYAQCgAQHIAQjAAQE&sclient=mobile-gws-wiz-serp

Pingbling23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara 3.6 eTorque
Hard top is easy to remove and put on. I went with Lange hoist a top. Very nice for >$150 before lumber.

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
The main part of the OEM soft top comes off with a few bolts. You can take the various plastic parts with a few more bolts if they bother you. The top isn't too heavy or unwieldy to do it solo, but another set of hands to line up the bolt holes putting it back on is helpful.
Sponsored