First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Fixing stupid....
I installed my steps. The amp requires wiring in to the door wiring. The aries do not. The aries use a magnet on each door right by the latching mechanism, and a magnetic sensor on the door frame next to the door latch loop.

the Amp steps really are a simple install.

you can use the firewall grommet on the driver side of the firewall for the power and ground wires. Then you can use the drain plugs under the back seats for the wires to each step & their lights.

I also used a 2 in to 1 diode (allows 2 different power sources to send power to the lights, but not overload or return on the other) so that my steps also power one of my rock lights on each side when you open the door. Gives more light than just the led that came with them.
Sponsored

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Photographer/ Content Creator
If you need a real slider (rocker protection) and the step, check out Rock Slide Engineering. Here's a video I did on the toughness of the RSE steps while doing a video covering the Rubicon Trail with Dixie 4 Wheel Drive.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5HJ5REOo6XbFuakJem6TTw

-Steven

Tank2112

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392, Custom Jeep LJ
Also looks like if you go with Amp Research XL power steps.... pinch weld seam is covered.

Jeep Wrangler JL Which power step should I choose? Amp Research XL step closed position
Jeep Wrangler JL Which power step should I choose? Amp Research XL step open position
Jeep Wrangler JL Which power step should I choose? Amp Research XL step open position w:driver