OP

Fuser

First Name
Narci
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 wrangler jk
You can carefully option a Rubicon and keep the price a bit lower. No leather or other do-dads that don't actually add much functionality. Think about the fender flares. Painted ones are more fragile than the black ones. Rubicons have some very hard to duplicate mechanical features such as differentials, the transfer case, etc. They are unique and pretty special.
Those mechanical features are the ones that make me want to go rubicon even if less “loaded” than that Sahara, now like I said earlier we might never have the need to use sway disco or lockers but I feel that it’d be nice to have them.
Sponsored

#diesel

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Keep shopping and find the Rubi you want with ALL the options you want. My Rubi is loaded. My must have options are: tow package (the AUX switches, bigger alternator and battery were a must have), LED lights (GREAT at night), cold weather (I live in New England), and the basic safety group. The "nice extras" I have: advanced safety group (fun to play with the adaptive cruise control but nothing I needed to have), leather seats (could do aftermarket skins), steel bumper group (LOTS of aftermarket options) and the 8.4. display and sound system (good OEM stuff but lots of aftermarket options also).
These options are spot on, but I went with the six-speed and cloth seats to help with my budget/wish list.
Love the 4:10 gear crawl ratio, just pop the clutch and let the Rubi do the rest. Disclaimer, I grew up driving sticks, though. #mountaingoatmode

RowdySouth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR Mojito 6-speed, 2000 TJ (retired)
Does she want the Jeep, or you?

If its her daily, then it must have all the features to make her ride a magical journey through candyland. Most importantly, make damn sure the color is pretty to her. Mine made me return a Durango RT because the color wasn't silver. I took it up the chute the next day, for what was originally a damn good deal, and rolled out the next day with thousands less in my pocket for an anemic GT. Save a few thousand and see if she likes a used Sahara. Its her daily, not yours. Then you can put the extra cash towards the Rubicon YOU WANT ;)

I'd weigh-in on the Sahara for her. Also, get the fenders paints now as it'll likely be harder to find them later. You can always throw on aftermarket black fenders very easily.

OP
OP

Fuser

First Name
Narci
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 wrangler jk
update, I reached out to Neil Carpenter in Conroe and my wife and I sat down and “built” the Jeep, he sent me a quote and we ordered it.
he said 6-8 weeks is the norm
Here is a copy of the price sheet.
can’t wait!

DB6A7B08-9967-46D9-B217-225F94C65423.jpeg

OP
OP

Fuser

First Name
Narci
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 wrangler jk
Does she want the Jeep, or you?

If its her daily, then it must have all the features to make her ride a magical journey through candyland. Most importantly, make damn sure the color is perfect and pretty to her. Mine made me return a Durango RT because the color was charcoal and not silver. I took it up the chute the next day for what was originally a damn good deal and rolled out the next stay with thousands less in my pocket for a GT. Save a few thousand and she if she likes a used Sahara. Its her daily, not yours. Put the extra cash towards to the Rubico YOU WANT ;)
Hahaha, I am living my rubicon fever through her tho! We are both very happy with what we ordered today.

Sponsored

LockeUSC

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU 80th Anniversary, 2021 Cherokee 80th Anniversary
Just to throw my 2 cents in. We went with a 80th anniversary for our first jeep and my Wife's DD. optioned with everything we wanted was arount 45.7, and we are around 39.6 after negotiation/rebates/and TL pricing. It has almost everything a Sahara has for quite a bit under the pricing. Not sure if its something youd be interested in, but we saved around 5k from just going that over Sahara for her.

OP
OP

Fuser

First Name
Narci
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 wrangler jk
Update: we got our Jeep on Wednesday, I have to say Neil Carpenter really is the guy to go to in the Houston area, no BS like other dealers,
Jeep Wrangler JL Which one would you buy 46D90BFC-E04B-4ECF-B111-9EA0EA382064
Sponsored