Sponsored

Which color would you pick between?

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
I can honestly say that when I go to order a JL and they tell me "sorry, the only available color right now is Mary Kay Pink" I will actually go with it! In all seriousness though, I think that the Wrangler is one of the few vehicles on the market that can rock (no pun intended!) any color imaginable.
Agreed, sports cars and the Wrangler do very odd colours well, unlike sedans. As mentioned by someone else in the other colour thread the Renegade can also get away with it, and I think so can a Bettle , Fiat 500 and Mini, but it's a rare vehicle that can make either end of the 'odd' green spectrum like Geko or Rescue work the way a Wrangler does.

Seeing that there won't be a shade of blue offered initially, I'd have to say that my choice would be Acid Yellow.
As mentioned in the link in the post above, while Green and Blue are not currently listed in the system, they are likely to be added as they were mentioned at the dealer meetings earlier. They might end up being a March / Winter colour launch as we get one every year, but could be sooner.
Sponsored

Laredo1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Jeep CJ-7 Laredo, 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Occupation
Industrial Electrician
Agreed, sports cars and the Wrangler do very odd colours well, unlike sedans. As mentioned by someone else in the other colour thread the Renegade can also get away with it, and I think so can a Bettle , Fiat 500 and Mini, but it's a rare vehicle that can make either end of the 'odd' green spectrum like Geko or Rescue work the way a Wrangler does.

As mentioned in the link in the post above, while Green and Blue are not currently listed in the system, they are likely to be added as they were mentioned at the dealer meetings earlier. They might end up being a March / Winter colour launch as we get one every year, but could be sooner.
Well then, I'm just going to have to hold my breathe for that! :fingerscrossed: Thanks for the insight there Grape Ape!

geospyder

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Mo" 2019 Mojito 2 Door Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Well, what ever color I choose it will be a 2D Rubicon with a black hard top and black fenders. My big problem is that I'll be travelling from the first week of October through Thanksgiving so I won't be able to order until after Thanksgiving :(

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Town and Country and Austin Healey 100
White for sure. My old tj was white. Between the already mentioned scratches and dirt not looking too bad on it, dark colors will cook me with the top down. One thing that appalled me with the jk, was that I think black interior was mandatory with the base model. Ugh.

Knobby

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Since I want an interior in the brown/tan family I'm gonna want to see how the different colors go with it.

Another criterion for me is to aim for a color I haven't had before. Getting trickier with each new vehicle.

Sponsored

A.Papi.K

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Subaru WRX STI Limited Sedan
Occupation
Leasing Manager for Volkswagen.
Vehicle Showcase
Looking for a fun bright colour on tan for my JL. Would love to see Gecko

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
I'd stick with the Billet. It's balanced enough to reveal the mud and dirt from a good trail run, yet manages to hide blemishes and pin-striping quite well.

A.Papi.K

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Definitely not looking to be shy in your JL! Love the really bright colors like Gecko paired with lots of contrasting black parts. :involve:

gecko-jeepwrangler2.jpg

gecko-jeepwrangler1.jpg
sofa king nice! hehehe

MotorMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Bright colors look pretty bad on JK with full doors. Mainly because it really makes the flatness of the panels "pop." That's why gecko looks a lot better with the doors off. Maybe the JL's body lines will help the lighter colors.

Sponsored

A.Papi.K

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Bright colors look pretty bad on JK with full doors. Mainly because it really makes the flatness of the panels "pop." That's why gecko looks a lot better with the doors off. Maybe the JL's body lines will help the lighter colors.
Every jeep looks better with the doors off! I will be buying an unlimited with colour matched roof regardless of whatever bright colour I pick!

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Any new intel on available colors? I'm hoping for a blue similar to what you can get on a Chevy Colorado right now. I'm 100% in if they do that. Gobi or Sand would be something I'd consider, but if all else fails, I'll fall back on Granite Crystal.

Phenomenon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata
Any new intel on available colors? I'm hoping for a blue similar to what you can get on a Chevy Colorado right now. I'm 100% in if they do that. Gobi or Sand would be something I'd consider, but if all else fails, I'll fall back on Granite Crystal.
I'm pretty much in the same boat as you. If the orange, blue, and green don't make it to launch, I'll get the Granite because it's the next best looking option.