When do the DRLs come on?

tjeeper

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 TJ, '24 392
I have a JLUR with the LED package, and a Taser. I can't remember how the DRLs are supposed to work stock, and I am wondering if I messed something up with the Taser.

I checked the settings in the radio, the Daylight Running Lights box is checked.

With the engine running, and I turned the light knob to off, the halos are on, nothing else.

Turning it to the parking lights, the fender lights are on, and the halos.

Turning the knob to lights on, the lights, halos and fender lights are on.

Turning the knob to automatic during the day, the halos are on. When I block the light sensor, the lights turn on and the halo and fender lights are on.

What I would like to do is find a way to have the fender lights and halos on when the light switch is set to auto during the day. I would have thought it would have worked this way from the factory, which is why I am questioning if I messed something up with the Taser (I don't want to unmarry it because it always loses my settings when I take it off and I don't want to reset them). I can't figure out what I could have screwed up so I am thinking this is the way it works stock. If so, does anyone know of a way to turn on the fender lights when the knob is set to auto?

Thanks-

Patrick
Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Daytime Running Lights — If Equipped The Daytime Running Lights (DRLs) are in a dedicated position below the headlight assembly (this is a typo in the manual as the DRLs are in the fenders). DRLs are active when the Low Beams are not and when the vehicle is shifted into any position other than PARK (P) (auto transmission), or when the vehicle begins to move (manual transmission).

I believe the parking brake has to be off as well.

You probably aren't seeing you DRLs if you are checking them yourself and the vehicle is in park or not moving if it's a manual. Get someone to put the vehicle in drive while you check from the outside.

Last edited:

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
That part of the manual is a cut and paste mess. The DRL’s turn on when the emergency brake is released and the headlights are off.

Gregj
Sponsored