Wheels click on sharp/slow turns

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
Well the point of the Ecodiesel is that ITS ALREADY IN THE SHOP :LOL:

So I emailed the service advisor and added that torque spec test onto the repair order.
HA! Might as well have them check that while it's in. It took my dealer minutes to torque down once they (me) told them where to look.
Sponsored

AMKRubicon610

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLUR 6 SPD
Occupation
CPA
It’s the castle nuts on your ball joints. Take the pins out and tighten them with an opened end wrench, the clicks will go away

4xeRubicon

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Is this going to cause any damage if I just ignore it? I only get the clicks when turning tight to park. It is annoying, but only for a few seconds, versus hours or days at the dealer to fix.

AMKRubicon610

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLUR 6 SPD
Occupation
CPA
Is this going to cause any damage if I just ignore it? I only get the clicks when turning tight to park. It is annoying, but only for a few seconds, versus hours or days at the dealer to fix.
I wouldn’t think so, as the castle nuts have cotter pins in them to prevent them from backing out.
However, if your castle nuts would come off, then yeah your wheels will literally fall off lol

eLECTRICON

You will have loose steering and long term wear if not tightened.

Sponsored

OP
OP

michail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
It started getting way worse. Luckily I got it in today. The steering feels much tighter. I didn't realize it was loose.

I figured I was imagining it being tighter until I read your post over again.

Crazy this seems to happen to so may people. Don't know if it's a break in issue or manufacturing problem.

The fix was so fast they had to hold the vehicle in order to log the billable time to Stellantis.

Jeep Wrangler JL Wheels click on sharp/slow turns 20210717_123833

Echo4papa

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Occupation
Success Engineer
Mine does the same... taking it in next Monday to have it looked at as well as tire/wheel swaps after I go pick them up over the weekend.

Ron93YJ

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Mine is also doing this now. I have an appointment with the dealer on Friday morning and will report back.

OP
OP

michail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
I think it's got to be a break in issue. Someone mentioned in another thread about retorquing all the suspension components.

I've been hammering away at it on the mountain roads the past few days.

Sponsored

Xcoaste

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Past - '13 JKU, '97 TJ, '93 YJ
I too had this a few months ago. Took to the dealer and asked them to check the castle nuts on lower ball joints. Easy fix. I chose to go to the dealer since it was covered under warranty and I wanted a documented account of the correction.

If I recall the torque spec was pretty low to begin with.

2manyhobbies

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Rubicon XR
Mine started clicking around 1,500 miles. Will get it checked in a week or so.

Echo4papa

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Occupation
Success Engineer
Be prepared... took mine to a dealer and I'm pretty sure they didn't bother checking what I asked, but instead drove it, heard the noise, consulted their decision tree and determined the hubs need to be replaced. No hubs are available for the 4xe currently, so they stopped there. I'm taking it to another dealer who has a better reputation.

EJWF11

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
It started getting way worse. Luckily I got it in today. The steering feels much tighter. I didn't realize it was loose.

I figured I was imagining it being tighter until I read your post over again.

Crazy this seems to happen to so may people. Don't know if it's a break in issue or manufacturing problem.

The fix was so fast they had to hold the vehicle in order to log the billable time to Stellantis.

Jeep Wrangler JL Wheels click on sharp/slow turns 20210717_123833
Its a break-in issue. Material stretches a bit with heat and load. Should be good to go!
Sponsored