First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite JLUSport S
Occupation
Parts Person
Alright so I'm a little lost here.. I'm a new Jeep owner and new to doing aftermarket things to my vehicles.

I've got a JLU Sport S currently on stock rims and tires. I just bought a set of Pro Comp wheels with a 4.75 BS and 0mm offset.. They are a 17x8.5 rim that I'm putting 305/65R17 wheels on. Based on all the calculators I have used online, this moves the inside of the tire out about .5"

I want to get a 2.5" RC suspension lift and I'm not sure that this set up is going to work? I've got the tires and rims on order from 4WP already but haven't ordered the lift kit yet.

I'm sorry if this is a dumb question.. It's just a lot of things to consider!
Sponsored

Bingy

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU
Try this...

www.rimsntires.com/specspro.jsp

Put your OEM +44.25 offset and rims size specs on the left and put your new set up specs on the right of this calculator. It will tell you some more. Then search the forums for pics close to what you want to get a real visual.

What you are trying to avoid is having your wheels look too small once you lift.

I have a Rubicon express 2 inch lift with 33 inch tires... 295/70/17.
phone pics 695.jpg

phone pics 630.jpg

MassholeJL

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sahara Unlimited
Alright so I'm a little lost here.. I'm a new Jeep owner and new to doing aftermarket things to my vehicles.

I've got a JLU Sport S currently on stock rims and tires. I just bought a set of Pro Comp wheels with a 4.75 BS and 0mm offset.. They are a 17x8.5 rim that I'm putting 305/65R17 wheels on. Based on all the calculators I have used online, this moves the inside of the tire out about .5"

I want to get a 2.5" RC suspension lift and I'm not sure that this set up is going to work? I've got the tires and rims on order from 4WP already but haven't ordered the lift kit yet.

Try this...

www.rimsntires.com/specspro.jsp

Put your OEM +44.25 offset and rims size specs on the left and put your new set up specs on the right of this calculator. It will tell you some more. Then search the forums for pics close to what you want to get a real visual.

What you are trying to avoid is having your wheels look too small once you lift.

I have a Rubicon express 2 inch lift with 33 inch tires... 295/70/17.
phone pics 695.jpg

phone pics 630.jpg
What is the offset and back spacing on your rims

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation

That will work fine. You will have a fair amount of tire sticking out past the fenders. My setup (+10 offset) sits about a half inch farther in than what you're describing and I just barely have tread out past the fenders.

OP
OP

Saphros

First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite JLUSport S
Occupation
Parts Person
That will work fine. You will have a fair amount of tire sticking out past the fenders. My setup (+10 offset) sits about a half inch farther in than what you're describing and I just barely have tread out past the fenders.
Awesome! How do you like the RC lift? I bought mine the other day from a dealer in Canada, just waiting for it to ship to me then I can do the tires and the rims

Sponsored

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Awesome! How do you like the RC lift? I bought mine the other day from a dealer in Canada, just waiting for it to ship to me then I can do the tires and the rims
The lift is OK. It got the job done, and it's cheap. That's about all I can say for it. :)

There are certainly better lifts on the market, but obviously the cost is magnitudes more money.

Gadgetguru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara
I'm in the same boat basically. New Jeep owner (actually it is my wife's), JLUS with P255/70R18s and the 18" 7.5 wheels. Went with the RC 3.5" lift and 35's. The Rough Country website recommends 20x10 wheels with a -18 offset. I went to order 17x9 with 0 offset wheels and the place I was ordering from said that might be a little tight and I should go with something more aggressive. He asked me what lift I was using and even looked at the RC website. Told me they have the same wheels my wife picked out in 20x10 -24 offset and that would be better. So I ordered them.

However, now looking at all these offset threads, looking at the photos posted, and looking at the RC website, I'm just really confused. I think they are going to stick out too far. Some photos I've seen with -38 or -44 don't look terrible (too much sticking out for me though) and I think, I should be ok with -24. I look at the RC website and assume the photos on there are with the recommended size wheels -18 (which is an acceptable amount sticking out) and think the -24 is less than a 1/4 inch so I should be good. Then I use the online calculators and they tell me they will stick out 3.9 inches more than stock which is too much when I put a tape measure against the stock tire.

It's been two weeks since I ordered them, they are waiting on TPMS sensors (getting tire and wheel package). Not sure if I can (or should) cancel the order since they are "custom" wheels and can't be returned once received. Guess I might be SOL especially if the wife is not happy with them!

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2.5” RC budget boost and it does exactly what I need it to do which is raise the Jeep high enough so I can run my 315 KO 2’s and with the Method 312’s I am currently running with a 4.5 back space there’s plenty of room and with the -12 offset the rubber sticks out far enough to give it a semi aggressive look without throwing to many rocks
Sponsored