Sponsored

What's the difference between Willys & Willys Sport?

TJdesersand

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 Windstar
Willys also has Rubicon rock rails on both models.

Willys upgrades with retail prices:
Rubi shocks (not springs) - $490
Rubi rock rails - $450
HD Breaks - $875
Badging - ?
LSD included - $595
32 inch Firestone MT - $1275
Black Moab Wheels - $1450

You could probably find all of those things under retail, and sell of stock parts to help cover costs, but those are the differences.

The Willys Sport is built off the Sport. So 5" screen, no power windows, several additional options not available.

Willys is built off the Sport S. So more upgrade options, 7" screen standard, power windows. I'm probably missing something.
Also free complete tinted glass on 2dr hardtop. So Willy's, adds a few goodies.
Sponsored

Slava

First Name
Slava
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Willys Sport
I have a two door 2023 Willys Sport. I ordered it with half-doors, so I have power locks, mirrors, heated mirrors - just like the regular Willys. But normally, all of these will be absent in the Willys Sport. My jeep now is 99% true Willys with exception of the overprised LED lightning group. Another thing you don't get in Willys Sport is off-road pages - the screen that shows the tilt and axles high/low. It's really bizzarre though, becasue mechanically all the features of Willys including limited slip dif are there and "offroadworthyness" of my jeep is absolutely the same. When I start my jeep though - on the screen it says Wrangler Sport - the only way to tell it's actually sport. The tires are different, but not inferior - just different. And of course, with Sport Trip they wont let you buy a lot of moderately useful packages like the park assist and forward collision warning blind spot monitor cold weather group 8.4 inch screen or premium audio for another 10K combined :)))). The only thing I ordered for mine was the towing group (need it for jet ski) with an auzilary switch (extremely useful for inside and outside accessories). Lastly, the remote start can be installed by the dealer (only Mopar), but I installed the Klein system for JL. Anyways, that' probably it. Oh, and for the insurance company Willys Sport is still sport - you can save some cash.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Willys Sport is priced between Sport S and Willys.

Both Willys include a rear LSD with a D44 axle, rock rails, Rubicon front bumper, Rubicon shocks, gloss black wheels and grille, MT tires and —I believe— LED headlamps. But Willys Sport has fewer convenience features, like manual windows, vinyl soft top only, etc.

smokeythecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Sport 2-door, 2019 Mini Cooper S
  1. You cannot get the dual-top group with a Willys Sport
  2. You cannot get a soft top only with a Willys Sport
  3. You cannot get a 7" or 8.4" radio with the Willys Sport
  4. You cannot get the LED Head Lamp and Fog Lamp group with a Willys Sport
  5. You cannot get the Convenience group with a Willys Sport
  6. You cannot get the Safety group or the Advanced Safety group with a Willys Sport
  7. You cannot get the Cold Weather group with a Willys Sport
But you can get a great Jeep for a lot less money with a Willys Sport.

kah.mun.rah

First Name
Merenkahre Jr.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
A Willys Sport Unlimited with the XR package is one heck of a Jeep for only $49K.

Sponsored

MajorDave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Willys Sport
  1. You cannot get the dual-top group with a Willys Sport
  2. You cannot get a soft top only with a Willys Sport
  3. You cannot get a 7" or 8.4" radio with the Willys Sport
  4. You cannot get the LED Head Lamp and Fog Lamp group with a Willys Sport
  5. You cannot get the Convenience group with a Willys Sport
  6. You cannot get the Safety group or the Advanced Safety group with a Willys Sport
  7. You cannot get the Cold Weather group with a Willys Sport
I have every single one of your mentioned items on my 2021 Willys Sport, save the soft top. From the factory...

BXFXJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Sahara
Another thing you don't get in Willys Sport is off-road pages - the screen that shows the tilt and axles high/low. It's really bizzarre though,
So this is not even available in the middle cluster display?

2016XLVIII

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Willys, 2018 Grand Cherokee & 2012 Hemi RAM
"I have every single one of your mentioned items on my 2021 Willys Sport, save the soft top. From the factory..."

So do I...and more...

J.Ferreira

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tmgps.org
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLWS 6MT
So this is not even available in the middle cluster display?
If it is I haven't found it yet! I've been looking for a year. lol

Sponsored

J.Ferreira

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tmgps.org
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLWS 6MT
It's ridiculous Jeep would put off-road pages in the Sahara, and exclude it from the Willys which is more likely to go off-road.

Around 4:14

That there is one of the differences between the Willys and the Willys Sport.

Think Sport vs Sport S.

The Willys Sport is the plain jane version. I have a small black and white screen in the center gauge cluster with the typical useful information. Fuel economy, temperatures, tire pressures.
The Willys (like a sport S) gets the full color fancy pants screen with the fun extras.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I have every single one of your mentioned items on my 2021 Willys Sport, save the soft top. From the factory...
So do I...and more...
Show your window sticker and/or build sheet. Sounds to me like you have a Willys and not a Willys Sport. The info I provided came from a dealer via their ordering system at the time.

Willys Sport and Willys models are both based on the Wrangler Sport. A full Willys has a W in the order package code. The order package code for Willys Sport contains a “K” rather than a “W.”

Sport vs. Sport S > Sport S is better equipped than Sport

Willys Sport vs. Willys > Willys is better equipped than Willys Sport

Last edited:

MajorDave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Show your window sticker and/or build sheet. Sounds to me like you have a Willys and not a Willys Sport. The info I provided came from a dealer via their ordering system at the time.

Willys Sport and Willys models are both based on the Wrangler Sport. A full Willys has a W in the order package code. The order package code for Willys Sport contains a “K” rather than a “W.”

Sport vs. Sport S > Sport S is better equipped than Sport

Willys Sport vs. Willys > Willys is better equipped than Willys Sport
This is the window sticker. Maybe I am reading it wrong. The top title says Willys, but the first line in the list (directly below the base price) shows Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport. I just bought this used, so I didn't make the initial purchase.

IMG_8327.jpeg

Jeep Window Sticker.jpg

eck

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU MOAB HellaYella
This is the window sticker. Maybe I am reading it wrong. The top title says Willys, but the first line in the list (directly below the base price) shows Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport. I just bought this used, so I didn't make the initial purchase.

Jeep Wrangler JL What's the difference between Willys & Willys Sport? Jeep Window Sticker

Jeep Wrangler JL What's the difference between Willys & Willys Sport? Jeep Window Sticker
This is a Willys, not a Willys Sport. The 22W package is for the Willys. The Willys Sports have the "K" package instead of the "W" package. You can see it on page 2 of the 2021 order guide here:

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/attachments/4-door-8-6-21-pdf.497498/?force-system-browser=1

MajorDave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)