Sponsored

Stock Ride Quality Between the Different Trims? (Sport, Willys, Sahara, Rubicon)

m3reno

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLU
I had a 2018 sport S and it drove a lot smoother than my 2022 Altitude. I changed the shocks to Rancho 9000xl and set the adjustment to soft and it's a more comfortable ride. I do like that the Altitude sits a few inches higher than my sport.

Last edited:

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

the Sahara Model is more of a road based daily driver as it has the softest suspension setup. I found the sport model to be the next softest model and the rubicon to me was the stiffest of them all that i have driven including changing my sport suspension to rubicon springs and shocks. ( I prefer the rubicon suspension myself though. I have been in pick up trucks my whole life which has much stiffer components due to towing capacities and with that i tend to like the more truck like feel of the Rubicon's suspension components. The only one i havent driven in a JL model is the factory willys package. My parents has a willys sport JKU and that is a whole different world from the JL

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, Sahara comes with the softest shocks and tires from the factory. Those can be easily swapped on any JL, though.

Sahara also includes additional sound deadening and softer materials on the dashboard, with extra padding on the door and console armrests. It makes for a slightly plusher interior.
Jeep Wrangler JL Stock Ride Quality Between the Different Trims? (Sport, Willys, Sahara, Rubicon) 1656338150593

Sponsored

jeninchicago

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Unlimited
I believe the Sport Altitude has the Sahara suspension as well.

Frosty

First Name
Frosty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sport, 2022 Rubicon 4xe (ordered)
I had a 2016 Sahara and the loaner Jeep (2022 Jeep Sport 4 door) the dealership gave me until my Rubicon is built, rides better than it did. My ex had a 2016 2 Door sport, and that thing road really rough. All were stock, and all were hard tops. The road noise in the 2022 is less than the 2016 Sahara (in my opinion).

dougywarren

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 4xe Sahara
I went from a 2016 Lexus ES350 to a 2022 4XE Sahara and I have no complaints on the ride. The extea battery weight under the rear seats really smooths out the ride. I put 33” Falken AT3W SL on there which probably smoothed it out a bit more with the bit of extra sidewall in SL range. Lexus was “easier” to drive on longer trips but not nearly as fun. The Sahara 4XE is surprisingly kush for a Wrangler. I’d say it’s even better than a lot of CUVs. I don’t know if I could do a Rubicon or Willys on a road trip

m3reno

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLU
I believe the Sport Altitude has the Sahara suspension as well.
I think your right. The shocks are similar to the Sahara vs the Rubicon. When I had my 2018 I installed the Rubicon shocks and it was way too stiff for me. I also purchased the Sahara Shocks but never got a chance to install them. When my front adjustable Rancho shocks come in I can give you a better analysis.

Circacookies

First Name
Rebekah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon 2DR
I think your right. The shocks are similar to the Sahara vs the Rubicon. When I had my 2018 I installed the Rubicon shocks and it was way too stiff for me. I also purchased the Sahara Shocks but never got a chance to install them. When my front adjustable Rancho shocks come in I can give you a better analysis.
Where's the update? Lol

pfletcher229648

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR w/SOT, 2024 JLUR X w/SOT(On Order)
Occupation
CIO
I drive our loaded 2022 JLUR XR as a daily driver and I’ve driven our nieces base 2021 JL Willy. The overall ride, handling and comfort was noticeably better in the JLUR XR, but let’s be honest for the $25k price difference I would expect as much. As to the added expense of the JLUR XR, well I did sell our 21’ SeaRay, it pretty much paid for half of the cost of the JLUR XR and that’s not taking into account the storage, maintenance and insurance on the boat. Factor that in and the SeaRay and the JLUR XR were pretty much an even trade. Instead of enjoying the boat a couple of times a year, I enjoy the Rubi everyday, so from my standpoint it was well worth the trade.

I’ve ridden in a Sahara High Altitude and it was much closer in ride to the Rubicon. We will be purchasing a second Jeep Wrangler next year as a 2024 and assuming all options are still available it will most definitely be spec’d out as a JLUR XR.
Sponsored