Sponsored

What's the difference between these two bumpers? (Besides $150)

RichInTheLou

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU 80th Anniversary Edition
Looking to do an upgrade to the plastic stock bumper on my 80th Anniversary Edition JLU. I came across these two bumpers that look remarkably similar except for the price. The Paramount in $499 and the EAG is $649. I believe that Paramount makes EAG. Any thoughts?

Jeep Wrangler JL What's the difference between these two bumpers? (Besides $150) 1642636045700

Paramount Automotive 51-8061 Full Width Front Bumper with Fog Light Housing and D-Rings for 18-22 Jeep Wrangler JL & Gladiator JT
https://www.quadratec.com/p/paramou...light-housing-and-d-rings-wrangler-jl-51-8061

Jeep Wrangler JL What's the difference between these two bumpers? (Besides $150) 1642636090547

EAG Full Width Front Bumper with Fog Light Hole and Winch Plate Fit for 2018-2022 Wrangler JL / 2020-2022 Gladiator JT
https://www.amazon.com/EAG-Width-Bumper-2018-2020-Wrangler/dp/B084F6TKTR?ref_=ast_sto_dp
Sponsored

Jmos4

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Challenger Scat Pack M6/2007 Ram 2500 G56
Hi,

My guess sheet metal thickness also one has more holes and the weights are a few pounds different

Regards,
Jim

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Stretched 2 door Rubi (LOL)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
Just my .02. I would go with the Paramount if I were you. FYI, I like the look and versatility of my stock Rubi steel bumpers. It looks like you'll only be missing the bezel around the auxiliary/fog light openings and that "EAG" logo in the front. You'll save $150 for other mods! Or...... grab a stock steel bumper takeoff for under $200~ LOL

Last edited:

Carolina Jeeper

First Name
Rollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Electronics Technician at R. J. Reynolds
Look basically identical. One Chinese company copied another. They are good at copying someone else's products. Probably some differences like metal thickness, welds or coatings. Check shipping weights too.

Sponsored

OP
OP

RichInTheLou

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Look basically identical. One Chinese company copied another. They are good at copying someone else's products. Probably some differences like metal thickness, welds or coatings. Check shipping weights too.
Good call on the weights and dimension checks. They seem pretty close. Makes me wonder if I just need to pony up and pay for a higher end. But 19 JLUR has my thought exactly. Trying to stretch that budget for additional mods.

Cajun21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 Ram 1500
The weight is the probably the difference. But look at this one and the weight is about 17lbs lighter you may want to consider- extreme terrain is where i purchased two of these and they worked fantanstic.
Barricade Trail Force HD Front Bumper(18-22 Jeep Wrangler JL)

Jeep Wrangler JL What's the difference between these two bumpers? (Besides $150) firecracker

OP
OP

RichInTheLou

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The weight is the probably the difference. But look at this one and the weight is about 17lbs lighter you may want to consider- extreme terrain is where i purchased two of these and they worked fantanstic.
Barricade Trail Force HD Front Bumper(18-22 Jeep Wrangler JL)

Jeep Wrangler JL What's the difference between these two bumpers? (Besides $150) firecracker
Thanks for the info. I will check it out. Just when I thought I was getting things narrowed down... Bumper shopping is way more involved than I expected.

Cajun21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 Ram 1500
Thanks for the info. I will check it out. Just when I thought I was getting things narrowed down... Bumper shopping is way more involved than I expected.
No kidding-wait to you get to the proper winch and lift and lights and compressor-lol nevermind you'll get it. Good Luck
Sponsored