Sponsored

What's the difference between the two factory soft tops?

drdriller

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Let's be real on numerous fronts here:

-This has been asked probably more times than anything else in this forum lol
-If you're winter=hardtop, summer=soft top, the standard soft top is probably going to be just fine for you and spending the extra dough probably isn't worth it
-If you're soft top ALL year, 100% you should go with the premium

Those being said, the upgrade in material is indeed noticeable in a couple ways. The premium doesn't sweat moisture as much on the inside during intense downpours. The premium is much thicker and will not tear as easily, though that's never been a problem for me with either material.
The op has only been member a little over a month. It took me longer than that to fully understand how to search the forums and get a feel of the topics that are very common and those that aren’t. I got roasted when I first joined and asked about tire sizes for my stock rubicon rims.
Sponsored

Dvol

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR
Twill top is suppose too last longer(20+years) than sailcloth(5 to 10yrs). I run both a twill factory top and hard top on mine. Sailcloth is IMO more temp sensitive than Twill. The windows are the same on both. Twill is much easier to clean and stains less than the sailcloth. I had the sailcloth trek top on my JK as well as a hardtop. i prefer the look of twill vs sail. Twill is a very deep black which i like, sailcloth looks faded out too me..This is all my opinion feel free to make it your own.
.:flag:

OP
OP
Milk Money

Milk Money

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S (previously 2008 JKU Sahara, 1998 TJ Sport)
Occupation
Engineer at GM
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for having my back. I've been in forums with similar software before, and if there is one thing I've learned, it's that the search functions universally SUCK. Almost always impossible to find what you are looking for, and I don't have the patience to skim back through 60+ pages to search for the question I'm asking if it doesn't come up in the search. And there are always have some regulars that look on in disgust when someone new to the forum asks a familiar question (to them).

EDIT: if it is that common of a question, wouldn't a pin make sense?

The op has only been member a little over a month. It took me longer than that to fully understand how to search the forums and get a feel of the topics that are very common and those that aren’t. I got roasted when I first joined and asked about tire sizes for my stock rubicon rims.
Sponsored