Sponsored

What will be the first special editions?

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
[QUthenewrick, post: 57982, member: 11463"]Yea, if you're an actual veteran go ahead and rock the style. But don't be a 55 year old accountant and rock a Willy's with a shovel and fake the funk. I mean, if you wanna, that's cool. It's just not my thing at all.

I could see a Rubicon Recon 15th anniversary being a thing for sure.[/QUOTE]

And because its "not your thing " , its "lame ". As a Tesla and Subaru owner, you of course are an Authority on all Things Jeep.
Sponsored

OscarMike_to_Rubi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR Ocean Blue, '65 Mustang Convt, 1972 Honda CT70H
What do you think Jeep will have for sale first, and what options will they have?

Realistically, I'd like to see something in between a Sport S and a Sahara in 2-door form with more standard equipment and a better price than optioning out a Sport S. Hopefully with some cool paint options. Maybe two-tone, or white stripes, or special hood.

I bought my current JKU, a '15 Oscar Mike (Freedom), as it was the top of the line Sport which was actually better optioned than comparably priced Saharas and cost less.

Some of the other "dress up" packages seem to be more expensive for what you get, though (Polar, Altitude, Chief).

OP
OP
thenewrick

thenewrick

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model S P85+ / Subaru Baja Turbo 5-Speed
I mostly liked the color combination of the Chief edition. I wouldn't actually want it to say Chief anywhere. And the 4 wheel drive logo is cute. I like how it's playful.

These things are toys so have fun with them I say. I think that's how FCA sees them also with all the hidden Easter eggs and silly color names.

OscarMike_to_Rubi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I mostly liked the color combination of the Chief edition. I wouldn't actually want it to say Chief anywhere. And the 4 wheel drive logo is cute. I like how it's playful.

These things are toys so have fun with them I say. I think that's how FCA sees them also with all the hidden Easter eggs and silly color names.
I seriously was looking at trading my '15 JKU Freedom on a '17 JKU Chief, but couldn't make the numbers work and saw the JL. I'm looking at factory warranty out in May and either was going to buy extended ($2k) or throw the money toward a new vehicle (and the '15 has retained like 90% of what I paid). After seeing the JL, needless to say, the JL won out.

re: chief, I liked the white top, especially here for Florida. Rhino was cool, gobi really nice. The chief blue was hit / miss with me. Thing is, they priced it (Chief in JKU) darn near a Rubi for a dress up group. Yeah, white top, dome hood, wheels, but that's about it.

FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I seriously was looking at trading my '15 JKU Freedom on a '17 JKU Chief, but couldn't make the numbers work and saw the JL. I'm looking at factory warranty out in May and either was going to buy extended ($2k) or throw the money toward a new vehicle (and the '15 has retained like 90% of what I paid). After seeing the JL, needless to say, the JL won out.

re: chief, I liked the white top, especially here for Florida. Rhino was cool, gobi really nice. The chief blue was hit / miss with me. Thing is, they priced it (Chief in JKU) darn near a Rubi for a dress up group. Yeah, white top, dome hood, wheels, but that's about it.
not to hijack the thread with this but you guys were talking about the Chief....just out of curiosity what do those Chief packages go for around yalls areas? The one out here is set at 57k....which to me seems just beyond way too high.

What exactly is it other than a color package (blue/white) is it a Rubicon level trim or is it like a Sahara meets Willys combo or something with an exclusive paint two tone paint scheme/interior work? (i noticed it has the M/T tires.)

Sponsored

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
The real brand that started it all was Bantam itis an interesting read.

OscarMike_to_Rubi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
not to hijack the thread with this but you guys were talking about the Chief....just out of curiosity what do those Chief packages go for around yalls areas? The one out here is set at 57k....which to me seems just beyond way too high.

What exactly is it other than a color package (blue/white) is it a Rubicon level trim or is it like a Sahara meets Willys combo or something with an exclusive paint two tone paint scheme/interior work? (i noticed it has the M/T tires.)

Most (chiefs) were received in May / June, so have been on lot for 180 days plus.

There was one in Rhino that I was looking at a month back that was stickered at $41 that I could have picked up for $36. Then I saw JLU... and nope!!!

It's a glorified Sahara, dome hood, m/t tires and diff rims, white top, stripes.

Still too much, if you ask me. If they would have offered me more for my trade, I would have been in it.

I really like the white hardtop. I had a black hardtop on the JKU Oscar Mike for the first year and it was like an oven down here in Florida. I bought a soft top (vinyl) on the cheap, then found a premium sailcloth top from someone who bought a dual top and didn't want it for $600. It's been that ever since. Seriously a lot cooler than the hardtop.

OP
OP
thenewrick

thenewrick

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model S P85+ / Subaru Baja Turbo 5-Speed
Yea it's a limited edition Sahara pretty much. I think they just kinda nailed it with the styling.

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2014, Solstice 2007, 1993 GMC Pick-up
Occupation
I. T. Director and Video Director
  1. CJ - 60s colors
  2. Rocky Mountain. (Mountain graphics)
  3. Utah - dusty rust & sage
  4. USA - red, white & blue
  5. Tuxedo Park (old 60s model)

Last edited:

Sponsored

kurt13

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red JLU Rubi/4Runner
The real brand that started it all was Bantam itis an interesting read.
That, sir, is the crustiest, old-school, Clint-in-Gran-Torino version of "these new Jeeps aren't Real Jeeps." Ever.

"Willy's Jeeps weren't Real Jeeps. Bantams were!"

I'm joking, but it's still funny.

:cwl:

TripleB

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ (Sold), 2013 JKUS (Sold), 2015 JKUR (Sold)
I'm thinking the 15th anniversary or Willy's most likely. The 10th anniversary created a lot of buzz and the Willy's sold like crazy.

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
Took 3 years before mountain edition came out on jk, 4 before call of duty. I think it’s going to be awhile. Especially since the rubicon has adopted a lot of things that were from hard rock and recon...rock rails, steel bumpers, reinforced axles, bigger brakes, hood.

TripleB

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ (Sold), 2013 JKUS (Sold), 2015 JKUR (Sold)
Took 3 years before mountain edition came out on jk, 4 before call of duty. I think it’s going to be awhile. Especially since the rubicon has adopted a lot of things that were from hard rock and recon...rock rails, steel bumpers, reinforced axles, bigger brakes, hood.
You are probably correct. They will sell like crazy as is.

Covfefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
Hopefully winter. Full width fender flushed bumpers are my favorite
Sponsored