Sponsored

What will be the first thing you do after getting your new JL?

Jeep4Life

First Name
Cyndi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
I love to drive so hopefully I will have my new JL by the time I go on my planned road trip to Florida in March:fingerscrossed:
Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Not gonna lie. I'm probably going to cry like a baby.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeep4Life

Jeep4Life

First Name
Cyndi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon

Lurvis33

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
To be honest one of the first things I’ll have to do is drive it over to my grandparents house. My grandma hates using new technology but she also doesn’t enjoy hearing what her grandkids have been up to from other people. She’s excited to see it :like:

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL
I am wanting to avoid all the "Comparing to older jeeps thing" My friend and my brother have CJs, I can already hear oh look at fancy boy has power windows and a big screen tv thing on it.

I wanna take the top off, put on driving with the King, and take dog to beach.

Sponsored

Izzy901

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Grand Cherokee
Either changing the black cloth to red katzkin leather seats or going to audio shop to get a box built for my two 15in kickers.

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
Put bigger tires on it
Initially, I will be installing a winch and an air compressor on my JLUR. Hit the trails and decide from there.
both of these I am going to try to get the dealer to swap out the stock tires on the rubicon for new bfgs in a 35 before i even drive it home, hopefully he can just swtich them aI pay the difference, dunno, or maybe that or 34x10.50 need to figure out what tire thinking also of a 315 70 17 that I have on my JKU right now.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I'm going to feel the clutch out and report back here as soon as I'm done playing around with it. Then, I'll focus on break-in. I've always done pretty careful break-in procedures on my vehicles, so I'm not too worried about it, but I'll focus on putting the engine through varied rpms, but staying below 4000 for the first 1000 miles.

I'll also begin assessing, as I'm breaking it in, whether I want to move to 35's and a 2" lift, or not. I may go with a tire store that has a 30 day guarantee, and run 35's to see if I like them (before putting on the lift). I won't move to 35's until after break-in, though. After looking closely at a JLU Rubi parked next to my 2" lifted JK yesterday, there is a chance I might stick with the stock setup. We'll see. Tough decision ahead. My wife is pushing for the lift/35's, though. I like her to be happy.

Someone posted a great video somewhere on proper break-in, using excellent sources to justify the advice. One of those sources was Acura, with the NSX. Acura breaks in the engines on that car before they are even installed. The key things to remember are not to stay at one rpm for too long, vary the load and rpm, don't exceed 4000rpm.
Sponsored