Sponsored

What will be the first special editions?

thenewrick

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model S P85+ / Subaru Baja Turbo 5-Speed
What do you think Jeep will have for sale first, and what options will they have?

I'm hoping for a Chief edition 2-door with manual transmission diesel/plug in hybrid/V8 option. :)

Realistically, I'd like to see something in between a Sport S and a Sahara in 2-door form with more standard equipment and a better price than optioning out a Sport S. Hopefully with some cool paint options. Maybe two-tone, or white stripes, or special hood.

I reckon we can look to the past to see which special editions were the most popular, and which came out first for the JK to get an idea of what to expect and when.
Sponsored

Farmdawg

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier
My money is on a Willy's special edition

OP
OP
thenewrick

thenewrick

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My guess is Willy's also. I see a lot of them on the road and I think it was a popular package. Retro throwback kinda thing. I also don't like the Willy's ones at all haha. I think the wanna-be military style stuff is kinda lame.

Farmdawg

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier
If the Willy's JL edition came with Rubicon rock rails, wheels, high fenders, limited slip diff and the ability to add leather seats, I bet people would be all over it.

OP
OP
thenewrick

thenewrick

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think the more expensive they can make a Jeep the more popular it'll be.

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
My guess is Willy's also. I see a lot of them on the road and I think it was a popular package. Retro throwback kinda thing. I also don't like the Willy's ones at all haha. I think the wanna-be military style stuff is kinda lame.
People don't like it just because it is quasi military. They like it because it is like a "Rubicon Light" with a nice collection of off-road features at a good price with a unique look. You don't have to like it but give people some credit.

OP
OP
thenewrick

thenewrick

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Folks around here like them because they're quasi-military. The army green/brown tones and military font. To each their own. I mostly see like 55 year old guys driving them with everything off and it looks dangerous.

SpyDJeep

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"18 JLUR Punk'n, '11 JKU Mango tango, '17 JKU Granite crystal, 98 XJ plow jeep
Vehicle Showcase
Rubicon 15th anniversary is this year.
Perhaps thats when we'll see the Punk'n with black interior like the one shown on the owners manual?

Closure

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion tc
I think the throwback military or whatever style looks good but modern military would be kind of lame unless you're actually in the military or have been

Sponsored

OP
OP
thenewrick

thenewrick

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yea, if you're an actual veteran go ahead and rock the style. But don't be a 55 year old accountant and rock a Willy's with a shovel and fake the funk. I mean, if you wanna, that's cool. It's just not my thing at all.

I could see a Rubicon Recon 15th anniversary being a thing for sure.

JHJLUR

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GC Overland, 18 JLUR
Willy’s would be a nice addition, but it dont think they bring it out soon as it will most likely cannibalize some off the rubicon sales to the soft roader such as myself

Closure

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion tc
Yea, if you're an actual veteran go ahead and rock the style. But don't be a 55 year old accountant and rock a Willy's with a shovel and fake the funk. I mean, if you wanna, that's cool. It's just not my thing at all.

I could see a Rubicon Recon 15th anniversary being a thing for sure.
. Yeah pretty sure there will be a Rubicon 15th anny I wonder how much higher the price will be though. I doubt it'll be worth waiting for compared to regular Rubi due to the increase in wait time and cost...unless it's Anvil.

I think if it's a throwback military style with like drab green or tan ww2 or Vietnam type colors anyone could and should rock it and show respect to the veterans. Though I think modern military style you should def be in military I would feel a bit awkward driving one that was styled like that since I'm not military though I regret not enlisting when I was younger

55WillysWagon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1955 Willys Wagon, 2019 Jeep Wrangler OB JLUR
Willys doesn't necessarily mean military style. I think it just harkens back to the brand that started it all. Lets not forget the CJ2As through the first CJ5. They aren't all drab green folks.

Closure

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion tc
That's true I seen a Willy's jk on vacation last summer and it looked really nice but didn't make me think military
Sponsored