What Tailgate Table do you run?

robd

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys
Did you have issues with mounting locations? Apparently some people are saying it requires you to trim the plastic latch cover over the jack stand. I like it and considering buying it. Thanks!
I am not sure how some people are having this issue and some aren’t, but I got a Front Runner table for my 2020 JLU and some of the holes did not line up with the mounting points in the tailgate. Not a huge deal until I realized that the table would scrape against the cargo floor, especially the fabric loop to access the jack. I’ll follow up with how the return process goes as I am returning it.
Sponsored

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
I am not sure how some people are having this issue and some aren’t, but I got a Front Runner table for my 2020 JLU and some of the holes did not line up with the mounting points in the tailgate. Not a huge deal until I realized that the table would scrape against the cargo floor, especially the fabric loop to access the jack. I’ll follow up with how the return process goes as I am returning it.
Dang thats too bad. I had no mounting issues with the front runner.

Outrider1

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None yet
Has anyone tried
I tried foam tape, 3 different sizes of weather stripping, even rubber cabinet bumper stops. The problem is none of them stay in place when the table is pulled out or pushed in. I would love any other suggestions better than than the clamp as I really do like this table.
Has anyone tried the self sticking felt that you use on the legs of bar stoo!s?

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone tried

Has anyone tried the self sticking felt that you use on the legs of bar stoo!s?
For those that have the Trailgater from Doug at Outback Adventures if you don‘t have the grommets installed on the pull pins contact him and he will gladly send them you, his sight pictures don’t show them but they were added later and I have zero rattles or movement in my recent install.

Sponsored

T4STE

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oswachiart.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Graphic Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Ive had the RSE table for quite a while now. I see some folks saying it only mounts with 3 bolts. Mine came with additional self tapping screws for the bottom. Love this thing.
Jeep Wrangler JL What Tailgate Table do you run? 2E8DB6BF-F325-485E-AB4A-A906A1CC7199
Jeep Wrangler JL What Tailgate Table do you run? 5D8B2E6F-59A3-41E6-8D93-AF22BAF3DC79

Oncorhynchus

First Name
Moishe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Sting Gray 3.6L
Ive had the RSE table for quite a while now. I see some folks saying it only mounts with 3 bolts. Mine came with additional self tapping screws for the bottom. Love this thing.
Jeep Wrangler JL What Tailgate Table do you run? 5D8B2E6F-59A3-41E6-8D93-AF22BAF3DC79
i thought about drilling holes in the aluminum backplate to align with the mounting threads on the lower half of the tailgate but I ended up just putting some adhesive backed rubber along the bottom edge and it has been fine.

IMO it’s the most solid design I found among all options out there. The Trailgater looks niftier than the RSE but I really don’t want an exposed cutting board that I slide back into place after chopping food. I’d rather put a used cutting board away in a lidded plastic tub. Nor did I want such a cantilevered surface that was supported only along its short edge. I use my tailgate table as much for all kinds of outdoor equipment setup/prep as I do for for kitchen duty.

T4STE

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oswachiart.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Graphic Designer
Vehicle Showcase
i thought about drilling holes in the aluminum backplate to align with the mounting threads on the lower half of the tailgate but I ended up just putting some adhesive backed rubber along the bottom edge and it has been fine.

IMO it’s the most solid design I found among all options out there. The Trailgater looks niftier than the RSE but I really don’t want an exposed cutting board that I slide back into place after chopping food. I’d rather put a used cutting board away in a lidded plastic tub. Nor did I want such a cantilevered surface that was supported only along its short edge. I use my tailgate table as much for all kinds of outdoor equipment setup/prep as I do for for kitchen duty.
There were holes on the table for the self tappers. They lined up just fine.

SaltyMangoEd

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU

I just installed my RSE table yesterday and found the bottom does need some support. What type of adhesive backed rubber you use? I’m debating using the self tapping screws or the rubber, I’d prefer not to drill holes if I don’t have to.

Oncorhynchus

First Name
Moishe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just installed my RSE table yesterday and found the bottom does need some support. What type of adhesive backed rubber you use? I’m debating using the self tapping screws or the rubber, I’d prefer not to drill holes if I don’t have to.
Heavy duty weatherstripping. Not the open cell foam type but the rubber type.

Last edited:

Sponsored

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
This is the reason I went with the Trailgater from Outback Adventures, this thing is rock solid and is super quiet and does not rattle with the addition of the rubber grommets that Doug now includes with his design, as far as the exposed cutting board that’s a non issue as I wipe it down before use just like I do at home.

There were serval options out there for a tailgate table and they range from super cheap and flimsy to super heavy and sturdy and I looked at what I wanted and decided I did not need to hang molle pouches or have cup holders and just wanted a super solid table that would allow a griddle or grill to sit on one side and prep and prepare food on the other

Last edited:

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
I'm very interested in the tailgate table from front runner! I like the birch slide out cutting board. They dont make one for the JL yet.

What table do you run besides mopar?

Has anyone fit a JK table on a JL?
I have the RockStar one. It is absolute crap and would not recommend it.

FinnCustomKnives

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon Ecodiesel
Does this table rattle while on trails? I really like this design but am concerned it'll rattle something furious.

T4STE

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oswachiart.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Graphic Designer
Vehicle Showcase

Oncorhynchus

First Name
Moishe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does this table rattle while on trails? I really like this design but am concerned it'll rattle something furious.
Mine did rattle until I put a pair of furniture feet pads on the front surface of the backplate. As mentioned in an earlier post I put rubber weatherstripping behind the backplate but that was to take up the space between the backplate and the plastic trim surface of the tailgate.
Sponsored