What RTT is this?

FourthJeep

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubucon
I saw this as a thumbnail to an article on FB and must know who makes this rooftop tent. It looks like a brilliant idea for a dual folding hard-top that I hadn't seen before. Anybody know what it is?

2021_Ford_Explorer_Timberline_9-2048x1229.jpg
Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
It's got a Turtleback sticker on the back side, may just be branding since they did the trailer, though.
Jeep Wrangler JL What RTT is this? 1633550146875

mnjeeper

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 TJ, 2021 JLUR
It's actually an option with the timberline explorer. Trailer is turtleback.

Levin_tom

First Name
Tomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLUR
I saw this as a thumbnail to an article on FB and must know who makes this rooftop tent. It looks like a brilliant idea for a dual folding hard-top that I hadn't seen before. Anybody know what it is?

Jeep Wrangler JL What RTT is this? 1633550146875
I believe that’s the Black Series MAX from The Bush Company. They’re manufactured in South Africa but have distributors in the US. The double action roof is an interesting concept.

https://www.thebushcompanyusa.com/product/clamshell-roof-top-tent-black-series-max/

Sponsored

eddified

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Corolla, Ford Transit 350
I wonder if you can order just an option?
I don't think it's an actual option, at least if going by the official online Build-and-price tool is any indication -- I couldn't find it. This page on the fordauthority.com site is saying that that trailer starts at a few buck shy of $27k. Hard to imagine that Ford would want to sell that expensive trailer as an option. I find it much more likely that they would want to include it in the action shots, though, which is what we see posted in this thread.

mnjeeper

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 TJ, 2021 JLUR
This page on the fordauthority.com site is saying that that trailer starts at a few buck shy of $27k. Hard to imagine that Ford would want to sell that expensive trailer as an option.

I found the same. When teardrops are backordered bigtime at $15k and such...doesn't seem like a stretch.

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
I don't think it's an actual option, at least if going by the official online Build-and-price tool is any indication -- I couldn't find it. This page on the fordauthority.com site is saying that that trailer starts at a few buck shy of $27k. Hard to imagine that Ford would want to sell that expensive trailer as an option. I find it much more likely that they would want to include it in the action shots, though, which is what we see posted in this thread.
I was speaking of the RTT specifically, but after a previous poster posted a link to it and I saw it weighs in at 220lbs I am no longer the least bit interested.

Sponsored

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
I saw this photo on Turtleback’s website and was shocked. I was like damn, their photography and post skills have gotten quite good. Now I know it’s Fords marketing team, which makes sense based on the quality.

I should be picking up my TB trailer this week. I went with a Bundutec king size RTT. A little pricey at about $4K as well, but at least it has a button that raises the whole tent up in 10 seconds. Plus, you can leave all bedding and pillows inside of it.

A5614FAC-660A-4811-9EDB-7D89B0B38202.jpeg

9219BD33-E804-4DA4-BAEE-74E8FC80EEED.jpeg

545moose

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX460
Bush Co Black Maxx series, talk to Rex Guardione at MidGuard Adventure equipment outside Houston.

Grimmjpr

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Looks similar to the Freespirit Recreation RTT, I don't remember the model. It's not exactly the same but same layout.
Sponsored