Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Hello Gents,

I may have asked something about this before but just trying to figure out if it’s an issue or not, when you get into or out of your JL either before you start it or after you shut it down the below evic message is displayed but with mine it has no specific time it goes out, it has gone out as soon as one minute and been on as long as fourty minutes one time, I have shut it down and got out and shut all the doors say after running errands and then just kept a mental note on when it’s gone out and like I said it’s been as little as a minute and as long as 3-4 mins and once was on about 30-40 mins but happened only the one time, the dome light goes out pretty quick like under a minute but this dash display has a mind mind of its own.

I have had no issues with starting and no error messages displayed, the battery voltage does go from 12.7 to 13.8 and does so randomly but from my understanding it’s normal for it to do that so what’s up with the dash display

8A5B09D6-5ECA-4EE0-8C42-76FE1B33A4EF.jpeg
Sponsored

Jeepsk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Is the FOB with you when you go check?

OP
OP
WranglerMan

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Is the FOB with you when you go check?
No Sir it’s in the house, had been just leaving it in the Jeep while in the garage but others have said that I shouldn’t do that so I have been taking it in the house with me.

Seems to be pretty random as far as staying on, usually it goes out about a half a minute or so after the dome light goes out but like I stated sometimes it stays on for several minutes, at first I was thinking a sticky door switch but apparently the Jeep does not have the door light buttons I am used to seeing, I also noticed that if you raise the hood the dash lights come on but guessing those are tied to the two hood switches.

No warning messages and battery voltage displayed varies from 12.8 to 13.8 and no rhyme or reason for that either but several have stated that the days of seeing one constant voltage reading are gone and voltages vary depending on what’s going on, for example for quite awhile the voltage displayed going down the road was 12.7-12.9 and on deceleration would spike to 13.5-13.7 but today I looked at it and it was a pretty steady 13.7 regardless of rolling down the road or idling, the Mrs told me that technology is going to be the death of me and I need to not look at the voltage displayed if everything is working and there are no error messages.

Last edited:

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (my wife’s)
I discovered the exact same issue tonight. My dash light is still on. I even hit the lock button thinking maybe that would help. I don’t want a dead battery or that image burned into the screen in case it stays on all night.

36A3E5A8-4D6D-425D-87FC-BC555BBBD86A.jpeg

blessidsoul12

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 billet silver JLUR, 2019 chevy suburban
Mine does this as well, independent of the FOB proximity. I just settled on accepting that the JL knows when you're thinking about it. It actually lights up when it recognizes your retinas pointed its way...

Sponsored

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport Mojito!, 3.6L & '18 Ninja 400 KRT
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Mine stays on for a little bit and then goes off, but I put my key fob in a RF blocker sleeve that I made with foil... so I'm assuming this has something to do with it. Not sure tho.

OP
OP
WranglerMan

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Well the lit display has a mind of its own, sometimes it goes out in less than a minute and other times it takes 3-4 mins and once and only once it was lit for almost an hour, not sure what causes this but I’m sure it’s not supposed to be that way but as long as it goes out and does not leave me with a dead battery it’s all good

As far as the FOB being left in the Jeep in the garage or in the house it seems to not matter as far as the lit display staying lit

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (my wife’s)
Mine stayed on at least 13 minutes and er the picture I took. I went back into the garage, hit the unlock button, opened and closed every door and hit the lock button again on the fob. It stayed on for at least 10 mins. Along with the EVIC, the ignition light was on with the yellow OFF light on. The second time I checked it after about 20 mins all lights turned off.

OP
OP
WranglerMan

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Based on the image you attached, you've left your vehicle in the "run" mode.
That’s not the exact message so I will take one today

Sponsored

OP
OP
WranglerMan

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Mine stayed on at least 13 minutes and er the picture I took. I went back into the garage, hit the unlock button, opened and closed every door and hit the lock button again on the fob. It stayed on for at least 10 mins. Along with the EVIC, the ignition light was on with the yellow OFF light on. The second time I checked it after about 20 mins all lights turned off.
I was told by the service folks at the dealer it can take up to 20 mins to go out but I honestly don’t trust them

OP
OP
WranglerMan

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
]Here is a better pic of what I see, after we all shut our Jeeps down this message is displayed in the display and according to the dealer it’s supposed to go out after a short period of time but I have timed this several times and there seems to be no set time on when it goes out as it varies anywhere from less than a minute to 2-3 mins and like I said earlier that once and only once it stayed lit for almost an hour but it only happened once, I do tend to obsess about it just a little but my OCD won’t allow me to stop so I just lock the doors and walk away.

It has yet to leave me with a dead battery and the dealer service folks tell me it can take up to 20 mins to go out and I have yet to figure out why it’s like this, I am quite sure it’s not supposed to be this way and them telling me the the 20 min thing is a canned response

7BB65A29-E86E-4833-874D-244A48FFDDCE.jpeg
7F4576F1-812D-4FE1-A1DB-16A7CC3B352A.jpeg
Sponsored