CreepyCrepe

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Sarge Green JLUWS, 20 Honda Pilot Elite
Clubs

I think it's important to note (maybe not in Joeshek's case, but others in the two years this thread has been running) that the 2.0L has a water cooled exhaust manifold. If you start getting into high boost for any amount of time that's going to heat up your coolant quickly. The flip side of it is it helps get up to operating temp quickly (which is why they do it).
Sponsored

DEdney1775

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0 Sport
I have a 2020 Sport 2.0. I've had it for 2 years now & just these past couple of weeks, the fan seems to be kicking on if I'm parked, w/ the engine running, waiting to pick my kids up. I checked the temps yesterday, & my coolant temp was 237, and transmission 192. I meant to check my coolant level yesterday when I got home, but completely forgot.

desertdude59

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Willys
I'd like to think that the turbo runs hotter on warmer days making the engine run hotter. I've been watching mine today on a 82 degree day coming up the pass and it's gotten up to 224. On cooler days it runs about 194. I'm not 100% sure on the turbo thing, but thats just my thoughts. I haven't figured out when my fan comes on and off yet. I know it works, but it's still a mystery.

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
Keep an eye on those water pump outlet bolts…they can seep before they leak, causing fluid levels to drop. I never overheated, but this is something to look for…especially if you are suddenly running hot. 237 while idling indicates a problem.

JMP

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GLI, Tiguan, Buying a JL
I recently learned that turning the AC on lowers the oil temp. It causes some fan to run at low speed. I wasn’t using AC with the doors off, but tried it and it did help lower my oil temp.

Flip

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Build Thread
Link
I've been wondering about this myself. I think highway temps are around 190F, but when I start climbing the normal temp is above 212F and it's not uncommon to see it get to about 230F. Then the fan kicks in and drops the temp about 10 degrees in about 10 seconds or less.
These are about the same temperatures I'm seeing while on the trail. Which engine do you have?

My bad, I didn't see the 2.0 cylinder. Please disregard. 😥
Sponsored