Sponsored

What is the difference between Mopar App and Jeep App for iPhone?

yshpakov

First Name
Yury
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Mopar App (Mopar Owner's Companion):
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/mopar-owners-companion/id1191948159

Jeep App (Jeep Vehicle Info):
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/jeep-vehicle-info/id1192464968

I installed both and didn't see really any difference (except Mopar App provides one more menu item compare to Jeep App).
The same look, the same seller/owner, the same current version number 2.0.27, even the same version history.

Why do they exist both?
Which one should I keep?
Just to confuse you even further, I think most, if theyre using an app, are using UConnect. It gives all the information and you can start the jeep, lock it and so on.

I've never even seen those apps you posted.

jeepoch

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Sport S 3.6L Auto 2 door, 2.5" lift, 35s
Mopar App (Mopar Owner's Companion):
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/mopar-owners-companion/id1191948159

Jeep App (Jeep Vehicle Info):
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/jeep-vehicle-info/id1192464968

I installed both and didn't see really any difference (except Mopar App provides one more menu item compare to Jeep App).
The same look, the same seller/owner, the same current version number 2.0.27, even the same version history.

Why do they exist both?
Which one should I keep?
Yury,

It looks to me that they are two different apps that use the exact same database. One was re-branded to make it look more in context with your actual vehicle make.

On the Android, there appears to be no difference in functionality between the two. All the menu items look exactly the same (unless I'm missing something). What is it exactly that you see different with the menu and on which one?

The account logins are certainly unique however. I have to use different credentials when logging in. But once there, they seem to me to be exactly the same.

Therefore I see no harm in using either.

However one bug I've noticed is that you can't use the pound '#' symbol when entering data in the 'Add Maintenance Record' dialog. It complain's about not being able to update the information. By simply not using any non-text (only alpha-numeric characters), then no issue.

Regards,
Jay

Last edited:

W4V3

First Name
Freedom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I originally just used the Mopar app (on an iPhone). When I installed the Uconnect app, it has a link that goes to the My Jeep app. Since both apps appear to have the same info, I switched from the Mopar app to the My Jeep app.

Sponsored

OP
OP

yshpakov

First Name
Yury
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon
Yury,

It looks to me that they are two different apps that use the exact same database. One was re-branded to make it look more in context with your actual vehicle make.

On the Android, there appears to be no difference in functionality between the two. All the menu items look exactly the same (unless I'm missing something). What is it exactly that you see different with the menu and on which one?

The account logins are certainly unique however. I have to use different credentials when logging in. But once there, they seem to me to be exactly the same.

Therefore I see no harm in using either.

However one bug I've noticed is that you can't use the pound '#' symbol when entering data in the 'Add Maintenance Record' dialog. It complain's about not being able to update the information. By simply not using any non-text (only alpha-numeric characters), then no issue.

Regards,
Jay
When I was checking Jeep App missed "Equipment" section in the horizontal scrollable menu bar. I even counted and found there just 9 items vs 10 items in Mopar App. I am checking not and I see the all the items are the same in both apps now. So I don't see any difference at all now.

But just guessing why they have 2 apps instead of one. And what was interesting when I just purchased my new Jeep my dealer sent me different text messages and emails. One of them advised Mopar App installation, some other of them recommended me Jeep App installation. That's why LOL.

And yes, from my Uconnect App I am navigated to Mopar App. So probably I will keep just Mopar App in this case.

Jeep Wrangler JL What is the difference between Mopar App and Jeep App for iPhone? 1638806123417

OP
OP

yshpakov

First Name
Yury
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon
I originally just used the Mopar app (on an iPhone). When I installed the Uconnect app, it has a link that goes to the My Jeep app. Since both apps appear to have the same info, I switched from the Mopar app to the My Jeep app.
I don't know. For me, Uconnect navigates me to Mopar App. Not to Jeep App. Don't know why...

CAP77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
I have all three (UConnect, Jeep, Mopar), and really only use the UConnect. In all three though, I can see both my JLU and my wife's Ram. I think the Jeep (and Ram app when I had it) are just brand badging for the Mopar app.

OP
OP

yshpakov

First Name
Yury
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon
I have all three (UConnect, Jeep, Mopar), and really only use the UConnect. In all three though, I can see both my JLU and my wife's Ram. I think the Jeep (and Ram app when I had it) are just brand badging for the Mopar app.
Thank you!

OP
OP

yshpakov

First Name
Yury
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon
Hey guys,

I've got an extra question:
What is this indicator about? It shows up only for maybe 10 seconds when you start the engine:

Jeep Wrangler JL What is the difference between Mopar App and Jeep App for iPhone? 1639069764019

Jeep Wrangler JL What is the difference between Mopar App and Jeep App for iPhone? 1639069785562

I thought it was here, but it is all switched on:

Jeep Wrangler JL What is the difference between Mopar App and Jeep App for iPhone? 1639069832863

So any idea what it is?
Thank you!

Sponsored

OP
OP

yshpakov

First Name
Yury
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon
That’s the Forward Collision Warning OFF indicator. If it illuminates and then goes off after a few seconds after starting nothing is wrong.
Thank you for your response Jeremy
But how can I test it?

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Thank you for your response Jeremy
But how can I test it?
I guess you could accelerate way too fast toward a vehicle or other large solid object and not brake until it activates, but that’s dangerous.

Why do you think you need to?

OP
OP

yshpakov

First Name
Yury
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon
I guess you could accelerate way too fast toward a vehicle or other large solid object and not brake until it activates, but that’s dangerous.

Why do you think you need to?
I've been an owner a new Jeep for over 2 weeks and it never triggered. So I'm wondering if it really works. What if I put a bigger cardboard box on my way and try to drive over it, will it detect it and warn me (or even break if I set warn&break option)? Such a box is not gonna damage the Jeep, right?
Basically I want to test it just to make sure it works. It is not a good idea to rely on something which actually doesn't work or switched off somehow else.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
You can find discussions on this topic if you search the forum. The big box doesn’t seem to work. People who have it and don’t like safety technology say it’s intrusive and activates falsely a lot. People who don’t hate tech have mixed opinions. It is not something that should have to be tested. In the manual beginning in 238 is the FCW info. It says it’s not safe to test it.
Sponsored