Sponsored

What do you think about this configuration?

morzh

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee, Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Electronics Engineer
Hi guys,

what do you think of this configuration?

What would you add/subtract?

EXTERIOR
Edit

Exterior Colors:Granite Crystal Metallic Clear-Coat Exterior Paint

Exterior Design:Body-Color Fender Flares

Wheels:17-Inch x 7.5-Inch Black Wheels

Tires:LT285/70R17C OWL Off-Road Tires

Tops:Body-Color 3-Piece Hard Top

Interior Colors:Premium Cloth Low-Back Bucket Seats

Sound Systems:UconnectĀ® 4C NAV with 8.4-Inch Display

Speaker Systems:AlpineĀ® 9-Speaker Premium Audio System

Floor Mats:All-Weather Floor Mats

Interior Design:Hard Top Headliner

Additional Interior Features:Perforated Leather Black Seat by MoparĀ®

Additional Interior Features:Stainless Door Sill Guards by MoparĀ®

Safety & Security Systems:Remote-Start System (N/A w/Manual Transmission)

PACKAGES

LED Lighting Group

Cold Weather Group

8.4-Inch Radio and Premium Audio Group

JeepĀ® Active Safety Group

Steel Bumper Group

POWERTRAIN
Edit

3.6L V6 24V VVT Engine Upg I w/ESS

8-Speed Automatic Transmission

4.10 Axle Gear Ratio

-------------------------------------

And, if you are in Mid/South Jersey, who would you recommend for a dealer?

Best

Mike
Sponsored

renegadecaderyn

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Great color choice. Love the matching hard top and fenders.

I would delete the Mopar headliner and go with aftermarket. Hotheads makes a high quality headliner and the price is comparable. The stainless door sills do not offer much protection. They are smaller than the Mopar plastic ones IIRC. You can get aftermarket (Rugged Ridge or Quadratec) they offer way more protection (both cover the lip) and are around $40.

I would add proximity entry and the tow package.

Being in the northeast you should look for a dealer who is doing around 8% under invoice. There are lots of dealers in that region with this pricing.

Last edited:

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Agreed with Curtis on the tow package, definitely add that.

If you plan on off roading the Jeep, and you have low hanging trees where you live I would reconsider the painted hard top. It'll get scratched up pretty quickly. If no off roading or no trees then go for the painted top.

OP
OP

morzh

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Electronics Engineer
Curtis, Sean,

Thanks for replying.

I do plan off-roading but am not yet familiar with the typical trails so not sure how much of low hanging trees are there.
I do prefer hard top, so in this case I might then consider standard plastic one. Though at least at this point of my life, full time employment etc, I do not see myself going off road too often. In 9 years when I retire, I am counting on doing exactly that.
But I do love the look of the painted top.

I do not have anything to tow, but if you think it is a good idea to have it just in case I find myself in the situation where I do....sure.
But. The towing package offers Class II hitch and I would prefer Class III. Plus I have a Thule bike rack that requires 2" hitch and on my Cherokee way back I had it.

Great advice on the liner and the sill protectors.

Curtis, I am in NJ, not in NE.
Now that I am going to order the Jeep (the reason being, since May I have not seen one Granite Unlimited) I have doubts there is a possible negotiation on the price, as the dealer does not have any incentive to get rid of the car in stock. Or ... are there ?

melman8r

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sarge Green JLR
I would ditch the perforated leather and opt for the standard leather seating.

Sponsored

OP
OP

morzh

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Electronics Engineer
Mark

Why? (By standard do you mean "stitched"?)

They have two choices of full leather: perforated and stitched.

The standard is "Leather trimmed" which to me means it is leather outside but another material in the center (am I mistaken)?

I have the perforated in my Grand Cherokee....other than my drivers side eventually getting cracked, it feels nice..

Last edited:

renegadecaderyn

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Mark

Why? (By standard do you mean "stitched"?)

They have two choices of full leather: perforated and stitched.

The standard is "Leather trimmed" which to me means it is leather outside but another material in the center (am I mistaken)?

I have perforated in my Grand Cherokee....other than my drivers side eventually getting cracked, it feels nice..
IIRC the perforated and stitched upgrades. You can get full leather seating without those options.

Curtis, Sean,

Thanks for replying.

I do plan off-roading but am not yet familiar with the typical trails so not sure how much of low hanging trees are there.
I do prefer hard top, so in this case I might then consider standard plastic one. Though at least at this point of my life, full time employment etc, I do not see myself going off road too often. In 9 years when I retire, I am counting on doing exactly that.
But I do love the look of the painted top.

I do not have anything to tow, but if you think it is a good idea to have it just in case I find myself in the situation where I do....sure.
But. The towing package offers Class II hitch and I would prefer Class III. Plus I have a Thule bike rack that requires 2" hitch and on my Cherokee way back I had it.

Great advice on the liner and the sill protectors.

Curtis, I am in NJ, not in NE.
Now that I am going to order the Jeep (the reason being, since May I have not seen one Granite Unlimited) I have doubts there is a possible negotiation on the price, as the dealer does not have any incentive to get rid of the car in stock. Or ... are there ?
NE = northeast; I edited my post to clarify this. Criswell in MD is doing around 8% under invoice on factory orders. You may not be able to get that kind of pricing if buying a Jeep off the lot.

OP
OP

morzh

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Electronics Engineer
Curtis,

Thanks again.
So, what you are saying, factory ordering potentially has better pricing than buying off the lot? How can I check that? (get the price that the "build your Wrangler" gives me on Jeep.com and then compare it to what the dealer would quote?)

As for the seats, here are the options I see:

Std: Premium Cloth Low-back bucket seats
Upgrades: Leather-trimmed bucket seats. ($1,395)
Additional interior features: Perforated / Stitched Leather Mopar Black sets ($1,750)

So, how do I get leather seat without the options?

PS. Anything I should pay attention to in order to be able to add a winch later? (and what winch would you recommend)?
PPS. Could I order tow package without the hitch and then order a 2" hitch separately (doesn't look like Jeep provides it)?

melman8r

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sarge Green JLR
Curtis,

Thanks again.
So, what you are saying, factory ordering potentially has better pricing than buying off the lot? How can I check that? (get the price that the "build your Wrangler" gives me on Jeep.com and then compare it to what the dealer would quote?)

Additional interior features: Perforated / Stitched Leather Mopar Black sets ($1,750)

PS. Anything I should pay attention to in order to be able to add a winch later? (and what winch would you recommend)?
PPS. Could I order tow package without the hitch and then order a 2" hitch separately (doesn't look like Jeep provides it)?
Perforated/Stitched leather I believe are just Katzkin covers, too expensive and imo look chintzy. Get the Tow/Aux package you get the four switches pre-wired that's huge.

renegadecaderyn

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Curtis,

Thanks again.

Yes, factory order usually has better pricing than buying off the lot. You will need to call local dealers to see what pricing they offer. I think the best way is to do a search on this forum and find dealers in your area that are doing below invoice on orders. That is how I chose the dealer I ordered from. Makes it easier so you have a good idea of what pricing they can do before you call. Otherwise you may be calling many dealerships before finding what you want.

Leather-trimmed bucket seats is the option you select. It won't be perforated or stitched, but they do look nice.

You can mount a winch to the factory steel bumpers, but it does require a winch plate (Maximus 3 or Warn are good options). Winches I would consider are the Warn Zeon 10s or the Gen 2 Smittybilt X20 COMP. Big difference in price between these and I haven't decided which way I will go yet.

You could order a 2" hitch separately, but the tow/aux package is worth the price IMO.

Sponsored

ChrispyJL

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
Being in Jackson, your close to Pine Barrens, only legal trails you will find without going to PA or DE.

If that is the jeep you want, with all those options get it.

Can't really ask what we think, if I told you what I think you could take it the wrong way.

OP
OP

morzh

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Electronics Engineer
Chris

This is why I am asking questions. Here are the people with experience, and I am without one. So I am asking what in their (and your) opinion works, what doesn't, what could be change for better etc. I chose options because I think they are usable, but again, I might be wrong.
I do not take thing the wrong way as long as the information is provided to help or to express honest personal opinion and not to start an argument, so if you have an opinion, I welcome it.

Mike

virginia_is_for_rubis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I'd ditch the black wheels for $1000 -- especially if offroading (or if you want to go to bigger tires), you'll probably end up replacing the wheels anyway.

The standard leather seats are full leather, the stitched/perforated leather are by Katzkin and installed after the Jeep is built (and it's more expensive). I'd go with the standard, not Katzkin (saves $250).

OP
OP

morzh

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Electronics Engineer

MandKM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜73 CJ5, ā€˜19 2-door JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

As mentioned by others, I would add the tow package, if only for the AUX switches. I have it, and would get it again. Even though I have not towed anything yet, nor do I plan to, the AUX switches are very handy.

I donā€™t have the proximity entry pkg and wish I did. The key fob is BIG and can be difficult getting it out of your pocket just to unlock the door. I also have another car with proximity sensor, so I guess Iā€™m getting soft!
Sponsored