What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

linux_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 6-speed manual, 2011 Compass 5-speed manual
Easy install? Sold individually? My wife would appreciate this step on the Jeep's pax side.
I did passenger side first and it wasn't bad. Loosely install fasteners and compress spring and thread the bolt into the frame (possible when spring is compressed with enough upward force).

On the driver's side I threaded my bolt when perhaps I wasn't completely aligned with the hole. When I tried to thread the bolt with everything else out of the equation, I could not because I had hosed the threads. I bought a tap and die and then it cooperated. Not sure if there is a difference between driver and passenger side or if I was the problem. A second set of hands might have made a difference. They were only available while my threads were chewed up.

jadmt

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 wrangler rubicon w/AEV 2.5 dualsport lift
How do you like it?
the step or the rokblokz mud flap?...I like them both. I am pretty spoiled by the step. my wife is over 60yoa and 5'1" and she has no issues getting in my lifted rubi.

Bill_BCNtoNY

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean Blue JLU Sahara 3.6
Occupation
Independent strategy advisor
NR, did not have any bolts when I tried to ordered mine on Tuesday. They checked with Mopar and was told if I remember right 5 to 14 days. Personally I don't trust Mopars lead times. This is why I said screw it and went with the JK version.

You do not have to have the JL version and I am not sure why Fox changed the mounting for the JL.

The JK version works perfectly fine to my knowledge and to me like 15 min. To install.

PXL_20240503_184000495.jpg
@dragoneggs, FWIW Iā€™m with @longfiredragon here - I just installed the regular TS JK version on my JL a couple days back and it is 100% plug and play. If easy, Iā€™d return the JL ATS and get the JK one (assuming they donā€™t charge more for it!)

adanginis

First Name
Ari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
Occupation
Electrical Project Manager
the step or the rokblokz mud flap?...I like them both. I am pretty spoiled by the step. my wife is over 60yoa and 5'1" and she has no issues getting in my lifted rubi.
Yeah I have the Rokblokz and love that they keep the side clean when Iā€™m off roading. The steps will be my next purchase for sure!

adanginis

First Name
Ari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
Occupation
Electrical Project Manager
You didnā€™t have to drill any thing into the frame correct? Only used existing holes.

jadmt

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You didnā€™t have to drill any thing into the frame correct? Only used existing holes.
correct no drilling required. it the step uses the same mounting studs and holes as the oem rock rail. it is super easy install as long as you follow the instructions. there is a great youtube video showing how to install them. The guy does it basically with one hand as he is holding his camera with the other.

jadmt

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

BUSHRVN

First Name
MONTE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRANGLER JLU SAHARA HIGH ALTITUDE 3.0
I just installed an ARB twin compressor under the passenger seat of my 2024 JLU, using the Innovative AT kit. Also installed a Midland MXT575 radio.

The compressor kit was very easy to follow. Mine is wired to AUX4 for switching.

The radio was a pain in the butt. Not due to complexity, but just finding a location.

I wanted a hidden spot, not in the way of a passenger. I watched several Youtube videos, and thought under the steering wheel, behind the dash would be OK.

Nope. My Jeep has extra stuff there. Don't know what it is. An amp for the Alpine stereo maybe?

After checking several locations, I put it under the driver seat on a Stinger bracket, which was already threaded with some holes that worked with the Midland bracket.

The older mic holders that attached to the passenger grab handle don't look like they will work with this year's JLU, so I got one that attaches to the top of the dash.

I'm powering the radio from AUX3, which is a 15 amp circuit. The radio is fused for 15 amps, but has a heavy gauge wire. If the fuse ever blows I'll move it to one of the 40 amp circuits.

IMG_1485.jpeg
IMG_1490.jpeg
I mounted my 275 under the seat too, but I was concerned about heat from the floor duct and made sure it wasnā€™t in the air flow. It appears yours is directly infront of the duct. Iā€™d be concerned about the temperatures it will see when the floor heat is on.

RGardnerDC

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Willys
correct no drilling required. it the step uses the same mounting studs and holes as the oem rock rail. it is super easy install as long as you follow the instructions. there is a great youtube video showing how to install them. The guy does it basically with one hand as he is holding his camera with the other.
I also have this same set up (flap and step). I also really like them both. I live in Northern Nevada and drive in a lot of snow. The step is expensive but quality made. It really comes in handy for getting in the back seat too. I have had mine on for 3 years with zero problems or complaints. I followed the instructions and watched the video as well. Installation was a breeze, even for an "old" guy. Once installed, both of these products are designed to be easily removed for aggressive off-roading.

Last edited:

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Did tire rotation and applied @Suma Performance Ceramic Spray to body, hardtop and plastics, wheels. ... Changed out my Mopar 8.4 radio screen protector which was worn a bit... .....and also....

Did my bi-yearly cleaning and fabric guard application to my Bestop Sunrider fo Hardtop JL/JT.

Two different Bestop reps ... that have been with Bestop for many years, when I talked to them.... both recommended this 303 product for cleaning the Bestop Sunrider for Hardtop (or a convertible top) over the Bestop offering.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0185PU376/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They both, also recommended I periodically treat my SR (or a soft top) with this 303 product:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JG3OHVK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I did take their advice! .... and use both products.

In regard to the 303 Fabric guard:
NO, you do not wipe it on the Sunrider. Read the directions on the bottle. Don't saturate as multiple light coats are best.

Supposedly, it is best applied in the full Sun and with outside temperature of 70 degrees or higher.
You need to let the fabric guard dry for 12-24 hrs.

Careful ... Do cover all surrounding areas as the over spray of the product will be difficult to remove from paint, window glass, plastics, etc.

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

@dragoneggs, FWIW Iā€™m with @longfiredragon here - I just installed the regular TS JK version on my JL a couple days back and it is 100% plug and play. If easy, Iā€™d return the JL ATS and get the JK one (assuming they donā€™t charge more for it!)
The JK ATS is $33 more. Great sale on the JL version. I will stick to that. The shorter bolt is in stock at Quadratec for $3. Same price as Mopar.

mrtm1970

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Got the Jeep back from the mechanic last week. Seems to finally be fixed, so I reinstalled the dog today.
1000008397.jpg

The wife & I took the pups out for their first drive, and thankfully they did great.
Any info on your puppy car harness and how he is leashed in please ?

RobAmy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 3.0L Turbo Diesel Rubicon
Last edited: