What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

Byrds8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Beach, 2022 JLU High Tide
You guys are cute with your registrations.... try $705, just paid it in March :mad:
Ouch. I just paid for the tag on the wife's, $49.95. I would say everything else in FL is expensive but since your in CA, I guess its still not that bad.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Letting my 2018 JL take day off.. It just completed 1300 + mile, (a 1300+ mile leg of 4,550 trip total) no stopping for more then 15 min. interstate trip. Ran for about 19 hrs. straight.... with just stopping for gas.

I drove the 19 hrs. straight... mostly overnight driving.

Got to my Upstate New York place at 2pm yesterday....First thing I did after drivng 19 hrs...... I pulled out my storage totes from in the back and then did an oil and oil filter change. Then washed the JL.. it was covered with bugs up front. Cleaned up the inside too.. After that I went to friggin bed. At 75yo, 24 hrs. without sleep catches up with me..

AAWireless wireless Android Auto worked great as usual.
Sure was nice having the AZUTO Map Light to use at night.
@Diode Dynamics fog lights are pure pleasure when on the interstate for additional lighting.

Yes, the AZUTO blinker handle extension ...and the Skoda bug scrapper for the front windshield were a pleasure to have too.

JL ran great.... Lots of 80+ miles an hour driving. No damage to windshield. No speeding tickets.

My favorite on the trip gas place to stop at is Buc-ee's .
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? Untitled

IF you have never stopped at Buc-ee's, you should.... What a place it is...
Also .... price of gas is also always a tad less then nearby gas places..

SonofaSeabee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Willys Diesel
Mine just got delivered. Hoping weather and time permit me to put it on this weekend.
Did the AEV damper install this morning. After test drive, I'm indifferent about it. Maybe, maybe a slight difference in "control" feel when turning. No major difference for me. Wasted money? No, don't think that at all, maybe I expected more of difference.

ellunchboxo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Anvil Willys 2 Door
Occupation
PetroChemicals
Vehicle Showcase
Did the AEV damper install this morning. After test drive, I'm indifferent about it. Maybe, maybe a slight difference in "control" feel when turning. No major difference for me. Wasted money? No, don't think that at all, maybe I expected more of difference.
Went to install mine and the new bolt and nut wasn’t in the box.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Possibly the previous steering damper was still functioning within spec?

I've been tempted by the AEV damper, but for the fact that my JLU's steering quality is such that I don't yet perceive a need to replace the OEM fitment.

SonofaSeabee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Willys Diesel
Went to install mine and the new bolt and nut wasn’t in the box.
That sucks! My bolt and nut was in a plastic bag inside the AEV box, not the Bilstein box the damper was in. FYI, when you do install, careful with the flag nut and bolt when reinstalling, be sure the flag nut is square to the bolt when you start tightening, if you cross thread it, you're screwed. I actually used a little olive oil (yes, olive oil) inside the flag nut and on bolt threads, just a little, made sure flag nut was square to bolt, and the flag nut threaded on to bolt with ease.

ellunchboxo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Anvil Willys 2 Door
Occupation
PetroChemicals
Vehicle Showcase
It's not in the Bilstein box. It's in the outer box, but I guess they missed that on yours.
Yea, there was nothing in there. Happen to know what size/type bolt. I might just grab one from the hardware store instead of waiting on a replacement.

mark_rno

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Rubicon
I just installed an ARB twin compressor under the passenger seat of my 2024 JLU, using the Innovative AT kit. Also installed a Midland MXT575 radio.

The compressor kit was very easy to follow. Mine is wired to AUX4 for switching.

The radio was a pain in the butt. Not due to complexity, but just finding a location.

I wanted a hidden spot, not in the way of a passenger. I watched several Youtube videos, and thought under the steering wheel, behind the dash would be OK.

Nope. My Jeep has extra stuff there. Don't know what it is. An amp for the Alpine stereo maybe?

After checking several locations, I put it under the driver seat on a Stinger bracket, which was already threaded with some holes that worked with the Midland bracket.

The older mic holders that attached to the passenger grab handle don't look like they will work with this year's JLU, so I got one that attaches to the top of the dash.

I'm powering the radio from AUX3, which is a 15 amp circuit. The radio is fused for 15 amps, but has a heavy gauge wire. If the fuse ever blows I'll move it to one of the 40 amp circuits.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_1485
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_1490

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

@bill_bcntony.851

Thanks for chiming in. Maybe the EC I have is no good, I have considered that.

I do agree with you about the small bolt holding it on the track bar. I used blue loctite on install and a week later it seemed loose. The EC just didn't seem rugged enough for a wrangler especially if you have huge tires.

I think the Fox TS will be fine. I was going to go with it, but I have a 21 that requires the shorter bolt and Mopar doesn't have stock.

At least NR had the ATS on sale so I saved a little.
Well dammit… had a few drinks last night and decided to take the plunge on the NR sale of the ATS. The way I read things, you need the shorter bolt for both TS and ATS after mid 21 models? And I see the bolt out of stock as well.

Flip

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Build Thread
Link
Possibly the previous steering damper was still functioning within spec?

I've been tempted by the AEV damper, but for the fact that my JLU's steering quality is such that I don't yet perceive a need to replace the OEM fitment.
Same here, it's working just fine, yet I feel like I want to upgrade it. I don't know why; jeep addiction setting in, I guess.

longfiredragon

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW Sport 2.0 L Turbo
Well dammit… had a few drinks last night and decided to take the plunge on the NR sale of the ATS. The way I read things, you need the shorter bolt for both TS and ATS after mid 21 models? And I see the bolt out of stock as well.
Nice, I hope you like it, I have mine set on 15 and I do like it better than the EC or OEM damper.

If you ordered the ATS for the "JK" you don't need the bolt. It mounts track bar bolt to tie rod, no need for diff. Bolt.

NR, told you this?

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Nice, I hope you like it, I have mine set on 15 and I do like it better than the EC or OEM damper.

If you ordered the ATS for the "JK" you don't need the bolt. It mounts track bar bolt to tie rod, no need for diff. Bolt.

NR, told you this?
No but I thought I needed the ATS for the JL… now I am going to go in their store on Monday and talk to them and make sure I got it right. :headbang:

Maybe the store will have some shorter bolts?

BetOnBlack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Supreme Leader of IT
Helped my jeep transition. He feels like a 2024 trapped in a 2019 body.
Cheap eBay 2024 grill installed. Sprayed the surround flat black before I put it on.
Easy to swap. The hardest part was getting the foam pads off the original grill. Ripped one in half, but oh well it went back on and does it's job.
Debating on painting one grill cut out red to match.

Also replaced the stock steering stabilizer with a rancho one just to match the 9000xl shocks on the corners.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20240504_163740