What are these for?

grandpaq

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JEEP Sahara Unlimited
Please tell me what these are for. They were both inside the center console, but don't fit in there......

F8E81A65-6225-4009-A60C-C5A1AAC0C4CD.jpeg
Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
The kit protects the top center module on the windshield that allows your adaptive cruise control, etc. to function correctly. It's used when the windshield is lowered.

Edit: Forgot to mention the liner piece for the rear storage tray, as others have done below.

Last edited:

iamstillvince

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler sport s
Please tell me what these are for. They were both inside the center console, but don't fit in there......

F8E81A65-6225-4009-A60C-C5A1AAC0C4CD.jpeg
Anti slide mat for back storage cubby and a cover for sensor box on rear view mirror if you fold down window

Tacoman03

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR Recon 2022 Bronco Raptor
Vehicle Showcase

Jeep Wrangler JL What are these for? F8E81A65-6225-4009-A60C-C5A1AAC0C4CD
The other piece is to line the rear cargo tub under your cargo floor.

Jay 13

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
šŸ˜† I swear thereā€™s 100 threads or questions on this every other week. (I was one of them) and Iā€™ll bet like the ones asking, the day I picked up my Jeep it was on the passenger seat

I said: ā€œwhatā€™s this forā€?
Dealer: No clue!

Youā€™d think after 4 yrs theyā€™d know what it is!

Thank god for this forum!!

Sponsored

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
šŸ˜† I swear thereā€™s 100 threads or questions on this every other week. (I was one of them) and Iā€™ll bet like the ones asking, the day I picked up my Jeep it was on the passenger seat

I said: ā€œwhatā€™s this forā€?
Dealer: No clue!

Youā€™d think after 4 yrs theyā€™d know what it is!

Thank god for this forum!!
It's because the sales people aren't true Jeep enthusiast's. One day I'd love to go to a dealership where the sales people knew more about a Wrangler than I do!

Jay 13

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
It's because the sales people aren't true Jeep enthusiast's. One day I'd love to go to a dealership where the sales people knew more about a Wrangler than I do!
Yup...this is my first Jeep! And I did some research before going in.
On my first test drive the sales rep says ā€œIā€™m going to get my most knowledgeable Jeep guy to take you for a driveā€ Iā€™m thinking great Iā€™ll ask him the questions I have.
Letā€™s just say he asked ME how to tilt the back rest of the seat cuz he didnā€™t know how.

after my test drive I told the other guy I wonā€™t buy here because you already lied to me šŸ˜‚

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
One day I'd love to go to a dealership where the sales people knew more about a Wrangler than I do!
The fellow to whom I was assigned owns a Wrangler, and his knowledge base wouldn't fill a teacup. That's why I hesitate to use the word "salesman" here.

I sold my new Jeep to me, and I was tempted to ask for a cut of the sales commission.

The icing on the cake was the Finance Mgr who actually processed the sales paperwork and State forms. An obvious lifelong smoker, he literally struggled to complete each sentence (and this was information that required paying attention to). I couldn't wait to take my folder and my fobs and drive out of that place.

The dealer experience reminded me of the self-checkout lanes that I prefer to use. I scan and bag my stuff more efficiently than store staff could ever manage.

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
The fellow to whom I was assigned owns a Wrangler, and his knowledge base wouldn't fill a teacup. That's why I hesitate to use the word "salesman" here.

I sold my new Jeep to me, and I was tempted to ask for a cut of the sales commission.
When I bought my 2019 JLUR (my 2nd JL and 3rd Rubicon total), the salesman started giving me his normal spiel. So I asked him some in-depth technical questions about the type of axles, gearing, etc. and he got that clueless look on his face. I finally let him off the hook when I answered my own questions and actually showed him pics of my modded 18 JLUR. We laughed and laughed!

I asked for the keys, took myself for a test drive, and didn't ask him anymore questions.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
When I bought my 2019 JLUR (my 2nd JL and 3rd Rubicon total), the salesman started giving me his normal spiel. So I asked him some in-depth technical questions about the type of axles, gearing, etc. and he got that clueless look on his face. I finally let him off the hook when I answered my own questions and actually showed him pics of my modded 18 JLUR. We laughed and laughed!

I asked for the keys, took myself for a test drive, and didn't ask him anymore questions.
What bothered me is that I was asking fairly softball questions. I already knew how I'd be configuring my vehicle order (having done so online); the heavy research was done and in my head. There were a few odds & ends that weren't addressed on the Jeep website, though, and it was these inquiries that he was whiffing. Badly.

I too stopped asking questions after hearing him respond, "I believe so" for the nth time. That's just another way of saying one doesn't know the answer (and I'd have forgiven him for admitting as much).

A bit of additional after-hours scouring on the interweb gave me most of the remaining info that I required, and I wrote off the rest...which, again, being easy inquiries, weren't very important in the grand scheme.

I still want my cut of the commission, though. šŸ’µ

Sponsored

AZpueblo

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Rubicon, '22 JLUR 4xe
LOL! This was my experience as well. The "sales" guys are not....sales people. They don't know anything in any depth and could be selling washing machines or toasters. I knew exactly what I wanted and explained it all to them. At one point, I was selling the price I wanted to them! After we struck the deal, the sales manager sincerely asked me if I wanted a job there! (I work in sales now, and make way more than they could pay me, but it would be a fun part time job maybe when I retire!). I did get a good deal on 2 JLUR's from them...bought them a week apart.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Great. Now that we settled that, how do you carve a turkey again...?
Jeep Wrangler JL What are these for? 1606407076024

Jay 13

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Uh huh, what was going on that the seat needed to be tilted back? :stop:
šŸ˜‚
to be fair I never said ā€œneeded to be tilted back!ā€

But (despite what I know you meant lol) Iā€™ll answer with...I think ā€œtheir most knowledgeable Jeep guyā€ was probably thinking why is this windshield so damn close to my face in this CAR šŸ˜†

Last edited:

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
I think ā€œthere most knowledgeable Jeep guyā€ was probably thinking why is this windshield so damn close to my face in this CAR šŸ˜†
It mustā€™ve been thanksgiving time then because it sounds like that turkey was getting stuffed. šŸ˜†
Sponsored