Lateapex

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1944 MB, 2019 JLS
Clubs

"Virtually" because you link to alloy wheels, not steel as a fair portion of the market would want. Most wheel sizes were/are on perennial backorder at authorized sellers like Quadratec, too. šŸ˜
Wheel Vintiques lists 17 inch steelies in various configurationsā€¦USA made, too. Donā€˜t know if JL appropriate backspacing, rotor clearance, etc.

See:

https://www.wheelvintiques.com/smoothie-bare-finish.html

OP
OP
jeepingib

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
15ā€ used to be desirable due to the wide selection of tires. Not so much anymore. 16 and 17 are the more desirable wheel sizes today. 15ā€ wheels are nostalgia today.

I agree on steel though. I think it makes for a far more durable, and in my opinion better looking wheel. Apparently the Land Rover and Land Cruiser communities value them far more than the Jeep community.

Sponsored

Lateapex

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1944 MB, 2019 JLS
Clubs

I would be a little concerned about disc brake cooling with a solid wheelā€¦maybe a concern, maybe not, dunnoā€¦but I do like the look.

BroncoHound

First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR / 2022 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Taxi driver-in-training
I've had this question for a while. Why doesn't Jeep make an East Coast package for the Wrangler, and especially the Gladiator? Something akin to Rusty Jones, or Ziebart for the trucks. Rustproofing packages have their roots in the northeast and even the names and 80s commercials embraced that. Use the brown paint so popular in the 70s for color matching everything, and instead of a cloth interior, make it an anonymous beige vinyl that will tear easily. Add classy looking plastic chrome fender vents to draw peoples' eyes to it. Add a name that has some meaning to it like the Rust-Oleum Limited or something. Use plain steel wheels and the best Linglong tires sold at Pep Boys. Nothing so robust that wheel well cancer wouldn't appear in less than 3 years, but something to remind the owner with an 84 month auto loan of his station in life. With all the angry-grill'd JKs that I see running around, I think there is a market for this idea.

:beer:
This is the most yinzer thing I've read today. You have my thanks.

BroncoHound

First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR / 2022 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Taxi driver-in-training
I did 17" steelies on my JKR; had to run 17" because they were spare wheel takeoffs from a Dodge Ram 1500 that were adapted (through wheel spacers) to the 5x5 bolt pattern and powdercoated to match.

Jeep Wrangler JL Western Wrangler Package 02
Jeep Wrangler JL Western Wrangler Package 09
Jeep Wrangler JL Western Wrangler Package 20
Jeep Wrangler JL Western Wrangler Package 001
Jeep Wrangler JL Western Wrangler Package 005

BroncoHound

First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR / 2022 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Taxi driver-in-training
15ā€ used to be desirable due to the wide selection of tires. Not so much anymore. 16 and 17 are the more desirable wheel sizes today. 15ā€ wheels are nostalgia today.

I agree on steel though. I think it makes for a far more durable, and in my opinion better looking wheel. Apparently the Land Rover and Land Cruiser communities value them far more than the Jeep community.
Moreso than nostalgia, wheels have gotten bigger because brakes have gotten bigger. You can't run 15" wheels on a JL now unless you retrofit some much smaller brakes on the Jeep first.

BroncoHound

First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR / 2022 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Taxi driver-in-training
I would be a little concerned about disc brake cooling with a solid wheelā€¦maybe a concern, maybe not, dunnoā€¦but I do like the look.
My steelies weren't full solid, but I never had any brake fade when running through the mountains. These were my summer wheels, so they were only run in warm weather.

Sponsored

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2020 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Tundra, 1990 964
Occupation
Unemployed
Stirrups instead of sliders.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Looks cool, but multi fit wheels are weak in the hub area and solid wheels donā€™t dissipate brake heat well.

I actually like the OEM JL steel wheel and Iā€™ll probably buy a set if I find some new take offs cheap.

I also like the Cragar Soft 8, plus you can use the OEM steel wheel center cap with them.

Jeep Wrangler JL Western Wrangler Package 381FD0AF-1C5E-4DDE-9E06-33D9BBD76C9F
Sponsored